Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YES! Longedge, thank you so much, will buy you a beer in the real world! You made my day, it works!
YES! Longedge, thank you so much, will buy you a beer in the real world! You made my day, it works!
Hi Tony, here is how my timeline looks alike.

Is there something wrong with it?

As I said, this used to work perfectly with older PD versions, but now, its impossible to hear the sound when exporting the video.

Note, the MP3 file is exactly the same like I used in the older PD versions, and back then, it worked like a charm, and the sound

worked perfectly...

Here is an image of my timeline, maybe that can solve my problem:

http://postimg.org/image/4fddf50gp/
Hi, here is my edit line, note, I have not changed a single thing since I used PD9, this was about 5 years ago.

I just opened the project in PD13, all the files including the project video, mp3 screenshot etc are where they should be as well which is in the project root folder.

Also PD13 askes for them so I simply pointed out the project folder and its working as it should, except that the sound is impossible to hear after exporting the video.

I have tried to export in several other formats, but the result is the same, video plays perfectly, but there is no sound...

P.S I have no issues with sound on my computer and all other videos like Youtube, Vimeo, or downloaded MP4, AVI etc play perfectly with the sound hearable.

Thanks for helping me guys, appreciate that, really!
Hi all, I am trying to export a RAW video file (MTS) to m2ts and video works as it should, however, the MP3 file that is exported with the video is not hearable for some reason when playing video.

Now, I know this should work because I had an old version of PD (can't remember the exact ver number) back in 2009 and I exported the videos on the same way, and back then it worked like a charm.

I also tried to convert the MP3 file to WAV and replaced the MP3 file but the result were the same, no hearable sound.

I also tried to export in other formats as well, but the sound is still not hearable in the exported video file.

I have done following:

• Installed K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1105_Mega

• Installed latest QuickTime version

• Rebooted system

• Uninstalled PD 13 and re-installed again (after reboot)

I am running a Elitebook 2170p: http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04111463

Not sure what I can do more and I am stuck totally at the moment.

I hope someone can put me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!
Hello all, well, I asked him and he said that he only resetted the factory settings because according to him, some old program have adjusted them without asking for permission to do so and that's what caused the problems.

Hello all, I figured it out. I invited a friend who is pretty skillful with graphic and he did some thing with my graphic card (no idea what) and suddenlty this light thing dissapeared. I must just say thank you to all and you guys should be proud of yourself because this is the best support I have ever got and not even the one's you pay for are even near the help I've got from you.

I have just a small question not directly related to this topic but what type of application do you use to edit a freezed screenshot from PD? I have been trying to use some integrated tool in PD but it keeps displaying an error telling me that it is no available. Also, when I Google and search for it on the PD site I can't found it anywhere.

Thanks again, /Mirsad
Hello Kevin, thanks for the reply. I checked the images but I am not sure what you are trying to show me with them?

I attached the 2 videos above just to show the light/dark switch between the image and video in Powerdirector while I couldn't notice this type of problem in Corel.

Sorry if I misunderstod your suggestions.
Quote: Misrad,

Go to the… Directors Chair > Edit > Preferences > Editing, and in the Timeline field, uncheck the "Add An Effect And Title When Using Freeze Frame" box.
I wonder if even though you are removing the Sepia effect later, that there are still some remnants of it remaining somehow. By not automatically introducing the unwanted Sepia to the freeze in the first place, should eliminate that as the possible culprit to the darkening you describe.

JL wrote:
Are you seeing difference between the various settings with your setup or just throwing topics and see if they stick?
I think the Cap'n is trying to contribute to the "conversation", in the same consistently helpful and friendly manner, that many members and visitors to the forum have benefited from.

Hello again, I've tried your solution and removed the Sepia effect, but the "light effect" still remains. I have 2 files with the same format that I created first in PowerDirector and then in Corel Pro X3.

I really have tried to continue with PowerDirector because I like it but if I can't get rid of this "light thing" I will consider to move to Corel )-:

Here are the 2 files (one created in Corel the other in PD), see if you can spot the difference.

http://www.how-to-play-soccer.net/corel-and-powerdirector.zip

I hope that I can still get rid of that on some way...

Quote: Thanks for all the answers, I have tried the .BMP example but with no success.

My graphic card is pretty solid so I have hard to believe that it is causing the problems --> http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gts_250_us.html

Here is an update on what I have done.

1. I used the "," and "." to move through the RAW movie in the timeline without any cutting in order to find a appropriate point to freeze.

2. After I found the appropriate point I simply freezed the image there and only removed the "Sepia" effect that is automatically added after you freeze the video.

3. I create 4 projects and each of them is created by using the 4 type of image types available in PD8 which are:

GIF, PNG, JPG and BMP.

I have also uploaded the whole project (it is about 300 mb with the raw MTS video and it can be downloaded below).

http://www.how-to-play-soccer.net/Project-325mb.zip

Also, if you want to check out the .MP4 files only with the 4 types of image format you can find them below.

http://how-to-play-soccer.net/Project-with-MP4-Files-Only.zip

Now, if you study all the four clips (named GIF.mp4, PNG.mp4, JPG.mp4 and GIF.mp4) and you will notice the light switch between the video and the image.

I hope that someone (after all this) can really help me out to get rid of this.

Now, when you guys have access to the project maybe you can spot or give me tips what is actually causing this?

Thanks a lot for the answers that you have already provided me with.

P.S in the raw video I am making fun of myself so do not be surprised by the sounds I make : :
Thanks for all the answers, I have tried the .BMP example but with no success.

My graphic card is pretty solid so I have hard to believe that it is causing the problems --> http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gts_250_us.html

Here is an update on what I have done.

1. I used the "," and "." to move through the RAW movie in the timeline without any cutting in order to find a appropriate point to freeze.

2. After I found the appropriate point I simply freezed the image there and only removed the "Sepia" effect that is automatically added after you freeze the video.

3. I create 4 projects and each of them is created by using the 4 type of image types available in PD8 which are:

GIF, PNG, JPG and BMP.

I have also uploaded the whole project (it is about 300 mb with the raw MTS video and it can be downloaded below).

http://www.how-to-play-soccer.net/Project-325mb.zip

Also, if you want to check out the .MP4 files only with the 4 types of image format you can find them below.

http://how-to-play-soccer.net/Project-with-MP4-Files-Only.zip

Now, you can check all the four clips (named GIF.mp4, PNG.mp4, JPG.mp4 and GIF.mp4) and you will notice the light switch between the video and the image.

I hope that someone (after all this) can really help me out to get rid of this.

Now, when you guys have access to the project maybe you can spot or give me tips what is actually causing this?

Thanks a lot for the answers that you have already provided me with.

P.S in the raw video I am making fun of myself so do not be surprised by the sounds I make : :
Quote: Just using the downloaded file, and putting it into PD I can observe the following :-

The first title appears at 06:17 when the frame freezes Presumably when the still image is used?

The title remains until 11.16.

If you step back and forwards a frame at a time, the frame after the title goes shows a slight movement backwards, not forwards.

This is even more apparent on the next title end at 19:01, when the frame after the title end actually appears to be a frame from earlier in the movement, in particular look at the white stripe down the black shorts and some other body positions.

Whether this is a rendering artifact related to the title or it is a misjudgement of splits and still image inserts I can't tell.

In general it is important to ensure that any still image used for this purpose is really the last frame before the "insert" and not something close to it.

I don't know if this relates and contributes to your perceived problem. Without having the original project , I might be going off on a tangent.

Cheers
Adrian

Hello Adrian, what I am doing is to simply scroll the slider on the moive and when I found an appropriate sequence I simply just click on the freeze frame and that's it.

I don't know if there is any other technique to do this on? If so then I would really be thankful. Maybe you have some own tips that you use for this purpose in order to skip the visible switch and dark light between the image and video as on my video above.

Thanks in advance /Mirsad
Quote: Hi Mirsad,

I watched your video.....I saw that the video paused....you placed a Title over the paused video(still image), then the video progressed again...paused again....another Title over the still image, etc. etc.

Now, what I would like to fix is the visible switch between the video and the image.

Now I am not trying to sound like I don't know what you are talking about....but the video does switch to the image...so I don't know what you are talking about.

What do you mean exactly? It seemed fairly smooth ...I tried to see what you might be referring to. My eyes were not negatively distracted by anything in your video...well, that might not be saying much....my eyes are 50 years old!! There was a slight Woop Dee Doo(that's a technical term) when the video started back up...sort of like it started a few frames backwards from where you paused it. Is that what you are referring too?

Could you be more specific about what you mean by "switch"

Kevin

Hello Kevin, first of all thanks for the quick reply. Second I would like to thank you for the funny words, you actually mad me laugh pretty high for a few seconds :

Now, let me explain. What I am trying to explain is the switch between the image, when the video is paused and then the switch to the video again. Something like this

Video|Image|Video|Image|Video|Image

Now, when the image is displayed, you can actually see the switch between the video and the image as the image becomes little more darker than the actual video. This guy (se the link below) actually used the Windows Movie Editor and in his video (he is also using images and video, I know that because I have asked him) you can't spot the actual switch between the image and the video.

I hope this makes sense and that I have explained a little bit better what I am actually talking about :

http://www.oleole.com/videos/freestylefootball/freestylefootballtutorial9neckstall/mv33i.asp

P.S I have downloaded the Corel Video Studio and created a clip from the same video that I used for PD8. Here is the result and you can clearly see that the switch between the image and video is not visible as the image and the video have the same light strength while in the video above created with PD8 this is visible.

Video created with PD8

http://www.easy-share.com/1910033390/Cruyff Test-2.mp4

Video created with Corel Video Studio Pro

[url]http://www.easy-share.com/1910033886/Cruyff Corel.mp4[url]
Hello all. I have a issue with my PD8 that I am trying to fix. I don't know if this is possible but I have split my video into several parts and for each of these parts I took a screenshot and placed it between the videos. Little hard to explain but here is how it looks (see the attached video below please). P.S you will need to wait 60 seconds for the video to start downloading so have little patience please.

http://www.easy-share.com/1910033390/Cruyff Test-2.mp4

Now, what I would like to fix is the visible switch between the video and the image. I have seen other (budget) editors like Windows Movie Editor do this which means that when you actually take a screen shot and put it between two sequences you can't see the visible switch between the image and videos.

Is it possible to fix this on anyway because as it is now, it is clearly visible as the image becomes little more darker than the video when the switch is performed.

Thanks in advance. /Mirsad
Quote: Resolve this issue very quickly.

1. provide a diagnostic of your system.
2. state if you're system is creating shadow file?
3. State where you are editing these files from - name the location address and harddrive type

If you use the search capability of the forum you will see similar concerns and the same type of answer with a good outcome.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Hello Dafydd, thanks for the quick response. Let me answer your questions.

1. What should I use to provide a diagnostic of my system, any speicifc software?

2. Shadow files, well, I have been Googling a bit but can't find out whether my system is doing it. Is it good or not, can I check it on some way (I am running Windows XP Pro).

3. I am editing the files from a externa hard drive that I often disconnect after the work is done and carry with me. Do you think that could cause the mess I am facing?

Thanks in advance.

I am facing some really problems with my Power Director 8. I don’t know whether I should continue using it or switch to some other similar software. I have updated it with the latest patch but the software is out of control! Here are the problems I facing all the time.

1. When I open a recently modified project, I am asked to point out the files that belong to it. PD find the files and loads the project. However, if I edit the project and save it, then open it again after 5 minutes, some of the clips on the video line are missing and completely black while others are there. This is a mystery because I have all the files in the same folder. E.g. if I have 2 mts files named video1.mts and video2.mts and separate these into several clips, the clips that belong to video2.mts would usually be missing while the clips that belong to video1.mts would be there! This is driving me nuts!

2. When I crop a video, it looks great and I simply produce it. So far so god. However, if I open that project few hours later and then produce the movie again, the cropped video have lost the quality and looks pretty poor despite that I have not changed anything with the project.

These things are driving me nuts because I can never rely on the editor and I am forced to start from the scratch when the editor is not displaying the clips or the cropped videos as it should because they used to look great. However, the editor seems to live its own life and it do whatever it falls in its behavior. If I do not solve these problems I must switch to some other editor because I can’t have the things like this as it takes me a lot of time to do things over and over again despite that I am not doing anything wrong!
Hello all, I am wondering whether it is possible to change the size of the produced video? For example, if I pick "Portable MPEG-4" in the Produce section and select iPhone --> Best Quality, the videos are then produced in 640 x 480. What if I want the size to be like 480 x 320 for this option, is that possible? THanks in advance.
Quote: 1080? or the HD lite of 720p?

The difference is important.

You will get image degradation when you zoom in. If for example you record video in 1080p and output to 720p then the loss will be less on the crop part if you're careful.

In general when you opt to crop any video there will be some loss. It is up to you to manage that loss and edit accordingly.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Thanks for the quick response.

How do I check that?

Here is the info of the video, I hope it helps:

Type: H.264 AVC
Bitrate: 16.31 Mps
Resoultion: 1920x1080
Fram rate: 25.00 fps
Aspect Ratio: 16:9

I am not producing the video, but when I try to crop it as it is, it becomes very fuzzy and of poor quality. The sharpness is horrible. However, I tried another program and it did the same thing without any problems. So, it must be done in Cyberlink as well. I will produce the video in Iphone Highest Definition.
Hello, I am editing .MTS video files from my HD cam. Thanks in advance

Quote:
Quote: As the headline? How do I do this, I have tried but I only lose the quality once I zoom/crop the video.

State clearly the video format you are editing please.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
As the headline? How do I do this, I have tried but I only lose the quality once I zoom/crop the video.
Go to: