Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crop "VIDEO in MTS Format" without losing quality
mirha494 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 17:34 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
As the headline? How do I do this, I have tried but I only lose the quality once I zoom/crop the video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2010 06:52

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: As the headline? How do I do this, I have tried but I only lose the quality once I zoom/crop the video.

State clearly the video format you are editing please.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
mirha494 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, I am editing .MTS video files from my HD cam. Thanks in advance

Quote:
Quote: As the headline? How do I do this, I have tried but I only lose the quality once I zoom/crop the video.

State clearly the video format you are editing please.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
1080? or the HD lite of 720p?

The difference is important.

You will get image degradation when you zoom in. If for example you record video in 1080p and output to 720p then the loss will be less on the crop part if you're careful.

In general when you opt to crop any video there will be some loss. It is up to you to manage that loss and edit accordingly.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
mirha494 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: 1080? or the HD lite of 720p?

The difference is important.

You will get image degradation when you zoom in. If for example you record video in 1080p and output to 720p then the loss will be less on the crop part if you're careful.

In general when you opt to crop any video there will be some loss. It is up to you to manage that loss and edit accordingly.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Thanks for the quick response.

How do I check that?

Here is the info of the video, I hope it helps:

Type: H.264 AVC
Bitrate: 16.31 Mps
Resoultion: 1920x1080
Fram rate: 25.00 fps
Aspect Ratio: 16:9

I am not producing the video, but when I try to crop it as it is, it becomes very fuzzy and of poor quality. The sharpness is horrible. However, I tried another program and it did the same thing without any problems. So, it must be done in Cyberlink as well. I will produce the video in Iphone Highest Definition.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi,
I will produce the video in Iphone Highest Definition.
Why? Is it for a phone? Then the fuzziness you're concerned about now will be of little relevance if it's for a small screen phone.

You graphic card will dictate the quality of the previewed video, along with the setting you've set for preview.

Dafydd
[Moderator]