Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
As the headline? How do I do this, I have tried but I only lose the quality once I zoom/crop the video.
Quote: You'll need to explain yourself a bit more - add an image.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Here they are:

Hello all. I have recorded a soccer video where I am running towards the camera. However, I was wondering whether it is possible to add another sequence of the same video but show it from the side. I hope you know what I mean. I saw this in the special effect room and that's why I was wondering whether I can do this without the special effect. Thanks in advance.
Hello all, I am wondering how to decrease the size or should I say resolution of the MP4 files. I mean, every time I produce the file it is 600* 400 (I am using .MTS as RAW data). I can't find anywhere in the "Produce" section how to change this parameter. Have I missed it or?

Also, another issue is the songs that are available for the project. I mean, you can't add many of the songs despite that these are available in the PD7. I mean, I can play the 30 seconds version in the PD but when I righ click on the the option "add music track" is visible but I can't select it. I am planing to produce a sport video so I need songs that fits with this demo. Is it possible to purchase these on the PD site (if they are not free)? Or?

Thanks in advance /Mirsad
Quote: Hi Mirsad,

I have no specific answer as to why the snapshot pause in the clip you provided, is as noticeably degraded in quality as it is. Or, why it jumps/snaps back.

- In your Preferences, do you have the snapshot file type set to BMP?
A .bmp image format should yield you the highest possible quality, and is also very compatible with, and when, exported to outside photo editors for modification or mask creation.

- What is the source and specs of the raw files you are editing?
Perhaps if you post the source and specs (e.g. format, resolution, etc), of the footage you are editing, someone may have a more helpful observation or solution to the snapshot quality loss.

At this point, the only thing I could think to suggest (as a workaround), is to use the color correction tool to apply a little bit of “sharpen” to your snapshot pauses.
If used in moderation, that may help to improve the difference in clarity between the snapshots and your footage.
Other than that, I don’t know what else you could try. Because as I said, even though I usually do notice a slight change in quality when using the snapshot tool to create a “pause”, the slight change has never been noticeable enough for me to consider abandoning the technique.

Hello again, and thanks for helping me out. Well, I have .BMP and it dosen't help so much either. I have best quality set in the preview. The raw data is MTS filmed in Full HD. I have also attached an image on how I take the screenshot just in case. It would really be awesome if I could get rid of this on some way but right now I don't really know what to do... I have tried your suggestion on the sharpen tool but that is not helping so much...

Thanks again /Mirsad
Hello Cranston, I have created and attached a file on what I mean. Yes, I have used the high quality preview and I have alsow slowed the video down to 0010 and then took the screenshot. However, I still see the loss of quality. I have created a short video and added the created snapshot at 00:12 to 00:17. The video is just a soccer scene where I am showing how to perform a soccer move. It is for a soccer project.

Please take a look and let me know if there is anything more I can do to improve the quality.

http://uploading.com/files/5a4f6755/Produce_31.avi/

P.S you will need to wait 60 seconds for the download to start.

Thanks in advance!
Quote: Misrad -

By what method do you create your screen shots? Are you using the inbuilt "snapshot" feature in PD?

Cheers - Tony

Hello Tony, thanks for the quick response, yes I am using that one, should I use something else? I asked a guy on YouTube how he created his videos and he responded that he is using Photoshop for the screen shots and Windows Movie Maker to put it everything together.

However, I do not want to use Win Movie Maker as it produces crappy videos and I do not know a thing about Photoshop. I want to keep using PD as it provides me with everything I need beside the snap shot feature, which is of poor quality.

Anyway, here is the link to the video I am talking about. You'll notice that there are no visible changes between the images and the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eX0_Prb4eo
Hello Tony, thanks for replying. What I am trying to say is that the images that are embedded with the video are not as sharp as the video. What I want to do is to create the video so that no quality loss is visible. I have a pretty powerful computer and graphic card and the videos are produced in DivX format in order to keep the best quality and compression. I have tried to take the still shot images in .PNG .JPG and .BMP in PD7 but still with no visible improvement. Any suggestions on what I can do? I would be very thankful!

/Mirsad
Hello all, I have 2 questions that are bothering me. I am using Power Director 7.

Q 1. Is it possible to not use snapshot but still pause the video 2-3 seconds and add subtitles to it? The reason for why I want to do this is that the snapshot is not as sharp as the video is.

I can understand that the image loses little of quality but the funny thing is that I have done this in "Windows Movie Creator" without any visible change when the video is still for 2-3 seconds and running.

Is there anyone who knows any other technique I can use in order to remove the visible quality when the video is still (for 2-3 seconds) and when it is running?

Q 2. Why is the microphone "input sound" decreasing every time I drag it to max. As it is now, I have to scream in my microphone in order to have the PD record anything. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Quote: Hi Mirsad,

Easiest is probably to use a suitable mask to give right and left borders. There's a few posts on masks in the PD8 and PD7 forums.

Alternatively, you could produce that part of your video and use 3rd party software to crop it and bring it back in to your project.

Cheers
Adrian

O.K so I can't just use the crop function to do what I want or? Can you just point me in right direction with a link to this "mask" option possibly? Also, would be grat if you could recommend a software (freeware or shareware dosen't matter) to do what I am asking for? Thanks alot.
Hello all, I am facing a serious and frustating problem with my PowerDirector 8. The thing is that I am using the crop function that is removing the sides of the video. As I have some objects at both left and right that I do not want to appear on the produced video I would like to find a solution to remove these and I thought that the crop function would do that. While it does that, it is zooming in all the time while croping the video which is not what I want. I just want to crop the sides and that's it without any zooming functionality. Sorry if I sound rude but I am just frustrated!
Hello James, it is not under the AVI despite that I have installed DivX 7. However, when I was using Deluxe version it was available immediately. What I am trying to say is that I can't enable DivX support in The Power Director Ultra 8!
Hello all. I am currently running PD 8 Ultra and I have a dilemma that I don't know how to solve. The thing is that I was using PD 8 (the basic package) and it was running pretty smoothly. I also installed DivX (6.5 version I think, not sure actually) and PD integreated it without any hassle and alloweed me to use it in the Produce mode.

However, now when I have PD8 Ultra it seems impossible to get DivX support in the produce mode. I have tryed to install DivX 7 but someone here mentioned that it is not supported by PD (yet).

Fine, I thought, removed the DivX 7 and installed 6.5 version instead. However, this one is not recognized either. I really need DivX for my project and I hope that someone can point out how to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Hello all, I recently purchased the basic CyberLink Director and it worked pretty well. The CyberLink Director installed DivX support which made my video files pretty small and of very high quality (which was what I exactly wnated). However, I decided to upgrade to Ultra version and now when I produce the files with DivX with absolute same options like when I usded the basic versionthe same files turns to be 600mb instead of the 7 mb that I was able to produce with the basic CyberLink Director.

I am considering to require my money back in case no one can tell me how to get rid of this. Obviously the basic version worked very well but I decided to upgrade to the Ultra version and now I have very big problems. I hope that someone can help me fix this so that I can use the functions in the Ultra version while being able to render/produce files to DivX in small sizes like I was able to do before. Thanks in advance.
Go to: