Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Sound When Exporting Video
mirha494 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 17:34 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all, I am trying to export a RAW video file (MTS) to m2ts and video works as it should, however, the MP3 file that is exported with the video is not hearable for some reason when playing video.

Now, I know this should work because I had an old version of PD (can't remember the exact ver number) back in 2009 and I exported the videos on the same way, and back then it worked like a charm.

I also tried to convert the MP3 file to WAV and replaced the MP3 file but the result were the same, no hearable sound.

I also tried to export in other formats as well, but the sound is still not hearable in the exported video file.

I have done following:

• Installed K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1105_Mega

• Installed latest QuickTime version

• Rebooted system

• Uninstalled PD 13 and re-installed again (after reboot)

I am running a Elitebook 2170p: http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04111463

Not sure what I can do more and I am stuck totally at the moment.

I hope someone can put me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!
[Thumb - H.264 AVC.png]
 Filename
H.264 AVC.png
[Disk]
 Description
H.264 AVC.png
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
128 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2015 05:35

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
The link to your computer information is not all that helpful since ALL the available options are listed. It is better if you provide the dxdiag.exe evaluation of YOUR computer Just post the text file. See this:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page (partB).

Please explain better what you will do with the audio file.

I'm sort of a non-video format kind of a person, please explain why you are exporting the RAW file and the separate audio file. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Tem de áudio durante a edição, depois de não poupar mais?
Timeline screen shot, ajudar-nos a ver algum detalhe que pode causar o erro.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2015 13:02

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
mirha494 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, here is my edit line, note, I have not changed a single thing since I used PD9, this was about 5 years ago.

I just opened the project in PD13, all the files including the project video, mp3 screenshot etc are where they should be as well which is in the project root folder.

Also PD13 askes for them so I simply pointed out the project folder and its working as it should, except that the sound is impossible to hear after exporting the video.

I have tried to export in several other formats, but the result is the same, video plays perfectly, but there is no sound...

P.S I have no issues with sound on my computer and all other videos like Youtube, Vimeo, or downloaded MP4, AVI etc play perfectly with the sound hearable.

Thanks for helping me guys, appreciate that, really!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Check the bit rate of the mp3 file. Too high or too low a bit rate, and the audio won't play

Check the required bit rate for your final destination. For instance, the bit rate for a DVD audio is 16 -24. Can your audio card handle 24 bit? Can it handle 16 - most cards will.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2015 12:56

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi mirha494 -

If you have you MTS clips in the timeline & a audio clips in another track and all the tracks are enabled (ticked) you'd totally expect there to be audio when you play back the video. Are the audio tacks enabled in the timeline?

Like Steve, I'm unsure why you're producing a separate audio file too.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
mirha494 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony, here is how my timeline looks alike.

Is there something wrong with it?

As I said, this used to work perfectly with older PD versions, but now, its impossible to hear the sound when exporting the video.

Note, the MP3 file is exactly the same like I used in the older PD versions, and back then, it worked like a charm, and the sound

worked perfectly...

Here is an image of my timeline, maybe that can solve my problem:

http://postimg.org/image/4fddf50gp/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2015 03:19

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Here is an image of my timeline,

Try putting a tick in the audio tracks.
mirha494 [Avatar]
[Post New]
YES! Longedge, thank you so much, will buy you a beer in the real world! You made my day, it works!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2015 04:19

mirha494 [Avatar]
[Post New]
YES! Longedge, thank you so much, will buy you a beer in the real world! You made my day, it works!
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Are the audio tacks enabled in the timeline?

Tony's suggested it previously smile but the screenshot of your timeline confirmed the problem laughing