Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I do not like PowerDVD been an Home Cinema, like Mediacenter, i like PowerDVD in window .
yes, me too.
Because PowerDVD Ultra v7, or v6 does contain some codecs that does not exist in ULTRA 8 or 9 version.

You need this: HD 264 Pack ( google it), this one contain all you've need...

Shame Cyberlink...shame of you....

WHen you install HD 264 Pack you see HD codecs ... HD codecs must exist in v8 or v9 of PowerDVD but for some reson Cyberlink decide to cripple PowerDVD Ultra....

Now ULTRA DOES NOT CONTAIN HD CODECS, for use with digital tv on christv, sagetv, beyondtv, etc.
Over the years i buy a lot from Cyberlink but i do not want to buy from Cyberlink till they exclude movieremix and these crap from the setup.
We hate these things, give us v7 powerdvd interface back.
use this software:

http://melloware.com/products/intelliremote/

It's the best.

Or Girder, Evenghost, Ir Server Suite, LM Remote Key, RemoteKC, HIP.

On WIN7, without double push problem use this:

Intelliremote,
Evenghost,
Ir Server Suite.
Use http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146910 For changing decoders for Mediacenter.

And, sometimes you must use graphstudio to change decoders merit. Click on this graphstudio, Ctrl+F, look for the codecs and change merits.

Let's explain a bit.

Let's say i install my application and drivers for Leadtek tuner, leadtek pvr came with Arcsoft decoders, after i install this i do not have sound in Mediaplayer or Mediacenter.
I must use graphstudio to change merit on arcosft audio decoder and arcsoft video decoder to an LOW ONE.
Now i have sound in Mediaplayer and Mediacenter.
Michael, salut, i know your pain.
In marc 2009 i try for the first time Win7, at that time i was installed PowerDVD Ultra 8, all was ok except Mediacenter integration from PowerDVD, if i click on PowerDVD in Mediacenter Menu a crash appear, sometimes freeze.

Install PowerDVD 9, integration in Mediacenter the same, with freeze, etc, but now a bigger problem appear, powerdvd exit, dissapear... sometimes.. if i click on my remote forward, or next, or play in the menu with the mouse....

A patch appear this week, 2017 i guess forUltra, now integration in Mediacenter is working ok, PowerDVD dissapear is 20% resolved....
Right now i have installed PowerDVD 9 Ultra with latest patch, because i need to use Cyberlink codecs in Mediacenter Live-tv, and ChrisTV, SageTV, etc.

But for DVD i use TotalTheatre 3 latest from Arcsoft, with this one the same problem with Mediacenter integration, but latest patch fixed this.

I never seen Arcsoft dissapear or exit... never in my life....

I use PowerDVD for 10 years.... every change version number, like v7, v,8,v9 have problems, but after 3-4 patches all are ok.

Michael, i give you an advice:

Install PowerDVD with latest patch, but use Mediacenter with powerdvd codecs enables.
Or Mediaplayer, or SageTV, Mediaportal, BeyondTV, KMPlayer, etc.

Personal i use Mediaplayer Home Cinema classic as player, with powerdvd mpeg-2 , and mpc for high def.
lo, this forum is full of romanian guys
a lot of users have this problem even with registered version on vista or win7. v9 is buggy, and latest v.8 have some problem as well.
Robert, google for : graphstudio, click on this, ctrl+f, look for cyberlink audio and cyberlink video, look at the merit, if it's normal merit, or prefered.
Low the merrit a little to normal, test again in MCE.

EDIT: This is the NEW TOOL for changing decoders in xp, vista, win 7, 32 or 64,

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146910

latest in the application( scroll down after start up the application) is mpeg2, that it's intresting for you.

And also type in cmd: sfc /scannow , this one search an repair your windows file, including mediacenter. I use this all the time

You need to have another decoder for testing, i forget, you're on XP, XP does not have an MPEG-2 decoder.
Install TotalMedia 3 from Arcsoft for testing, or NERO.
With this tool you change audio and video to arcsoft.
change decoders for mediacenter and see what happened.
Maybe powerdvd register with high privilege the filters, and these one enter in action when start live-tv.
Same problem i have with arcsoft, after install i could not use mediacenter live-tv, my recs, etc.
Low down the filter merrit for powerdvd.
Same here, on vista or win7, 32 bit, with powerdvd 7,8 OEM and retail 9.
For the moment i use arcoft totalmedia.... but i used 10 year powerdvd, i need my powerdvd back.
Go to: