Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moovie Live and Movie Remix
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2009 18:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to uninstall these components or permanently disable them?

Between this garbage and the green screens I'm getting with PowerDVD 9 Ultra, I am starting to regret my purchase!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]

1. No, you cannot Moovie Live and Movie Remix components.
I do not like these features, either.

2. For the green issue when you watch BD.
You should upgrade your graphics card driver.
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2009 18:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Daisuke for the reply.
I had actually upgraded my drivers and this is what caused the green screen - it was probably a bad install though because I re-installed them and it was gone.

Upon further seaching, I found a way to disable moovielive by editing the registry on another site (however, this is obviously not the safest means):

Here is a link if anyone is interested:
http://www.moovielive.com/posts/list/54.page

I am actually appalled that cyberlink has not distributed a means to easily disable these in a new patch. I have found tons of threads on the internet regarding people's hatred for those features.

This will surely be my last powerdvd purchase it future editions continue to have these garbage components as part of the package.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2009 06:17

bogdan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2009 06:35 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Over the years i buy a lot from Cyberlink but i do not want to buy from Cyberlink till they exclude movieremix and these crap from the setup.
We hate these things, give us v7 powerdvd interface back.