Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD 9 Ultra + DVBViewer
Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2009 18:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Bought PDVD 9 Ultra and now I can no longer use the audio codecs for AC3 or the video codecs for H264 playback in DVBViewer, what gives? Worked great with PDVD 6 codecs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01. 2009 10:24

[Post New]
:^/ At a guess, I'd say that the newer PowerDVD9 overwrote the older codecs with newer ones, and that the newer ones weren't sufficiently backwards compatible with the old ones.

You could probably get them back by reinstalling the older PowerDVD6, if it's really that important to you, but you'll have to choose.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01. 2009 11:58

Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2009 18:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am using the v6 codecs atm but I just spend a 100 euro's on a newer version and I wonder why it won't work with the newer ones.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01. 2009 10:23

bogdan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2009 06:35 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Because PowerDVD Ultra v7, or v6 does contain some codecs that does not exist in ULTRA 8 or 9 version.

You need this: HD 264 Pack ( google it), this one contain all you've need...

Shame Cyberlink...shame of you....

WHen you install HD 264 Pack you see HD codecs ... HD codecs must exist in v8 or v9 of PowerDVD but for some reson Cyberlink decide to cripple PowerDVD Ultra....

Now ULTRA DOES NOT CONTAIN HD CODECS, for use with digital tv on christv, sagetv, beyondtv, etc.