Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Larry,

Local internetstore: Informatique

Core i7-4770 CPU 3.40 GHz
installed memory: 16.0 GB
Win 7 64 bit
C Drive: Samsung SSD 840 EVO-500GB
D,E,F Drive each 4 TB
Drive Image Drive G: also 4 TB

Lots of programs (was my fear to get them working again, without buying 2nd time) like Adobe CS 6.5 Design/Production, SmartSound Sonicfire 5.8 Pro, the obligatory PowerDirector 13 meanwhile etc..
Have a look at what it's made with: look up on YouTube
" kattenmand " about 914+ untill now on 2 channels. It's Dutch to you (no pun intended), but nice video's on what we do on animal care/rescue in the Netherlands. Later ones are of course better than first ones.
Hi Dafydd, You're too friendly on this closed topic. As you said to me:"Your rig is so totally underpowered, that it's amazing it is still working (PowerDirector 12). You should upgrade finally to a nice Core i7 instead of struggling with the obsolete Quad 3ghz with far too little memory etc." I finally found time and enough coffee ie. read courage to complete the jump and must say you were right. It's a total different world now - a feast to use Power Director 13 now :) Thanks for the help.
Hi Dafydd,

Shame you are too far away to drop by. You are a remarkable man with a character to fit. I like you as virtual caregiver (given your lecture on software ethics : I was only thinking out loud ie. I was thinking of all the programs on my beloved "old" PC. And I know, I cannot hold you on what you say or obtain any rights whatever you write, neither will I sue you for anything - you're just a good person! Thanks sofar.
Hi Dafydd,

You guessed, now I have to follow your expert opinion.
I ordered the next PC (finally) and start all over again, sic.
My guess is I have to buy all Cyberlink products again or is it 1 license 2 PC's?
The DX-DIAG txt
The screenshots asked
Project duration is 51:08 min in 1920x1080 25fps PAL. URL=http://youtu.be/KNuHEsReRcY It can be reproduced over and over again, sic. What can I do about it or is it a bug in PWD12 ?
Hi Dafydd, the reason I ended up again here at "your" place is:"I cannot render anything edited in PDR11, that has specials in it. Ie. stabilized or else; it must be edited in PDR 12 and then I can produce it"

I fell in the same old trap since PDR9. First finish what you're doing THEN upgrade and wait what happens! Don't act as the curious cat, but I'm only human?

Hans Masius - www.kattenmand.com
Hi Henk,

thanks for posting the patch. I installed it and law and behold, PDR12 started rendering albeit not with the promised astronomical speed. It worked. Also kind greetings to Dafydd - Long time no see:
Hi Robert,

All video's are now "complicated" ie. fades between clips, various pip's, and a complete soundtrack/soundscore made in Sonicfire Pro 5 (moderate till extremely complicated or large), additional sound effects.

Since i only have a Q 9650 and not an i7, i guess i'm stuck/screwed till the next PD8 update.

Hans
Hi Adrian,

i'll stick to Marcus' quote and will keep on hoping.
The files are .mts HD video files.

I'll check later when i get back the taskmanager. That i didn't do yet.

Till later,

Hans
All is running fine except for one thing. When using one of the wizards ie. image stabilizing or lighting adjustments, i cannot produce to wmv HD standard. PD8 renders till the first wizard adjusted clips comes and then it stops. Stops not freezes. Time keeps counting and mouse pointer moves, but it stays just there on that point. restarting et. nothing helps, only removing the wizard effects. Then it goes on producing. Shame, i could use it sometimes.

Any way out, apart from not using the wizards ?

Intel Q9650 3.0 Ghz, 4 gig memory, C: is SSD Intel X25-m 160 gig, the supporting drives for files are 300 gb. VRaptor & 7200 rpm F1 Spinpoint 1Tb, Win XP Pro en, very clean PC (no games)

Anyone have suggestions on this weird behavior ?

Hans
Hi David,

I used DAP, but it only connected 1 time to the server. I hoped for more connections. That's why i ended up at Apple.

Thanks anyway. Seems i have finally a break now. I smell at least 1 pint now

Hans
Hi all,

a pint is minimizing the reward to this guy. Thinking of his involvement and patience in helping us out is amazing. I would go crazy.

One other thing. I tried to download the files provided by Dafydd in IE8.
Pure mess it (IE breaks off the download. Bug ? I guess so.

Now i managed to get the much wanted PD8 in Safari on a Win XP machine.
For now i'm still sweating to get the content file in.

Nice for now
Heinz,

Herzlichen dank. I did what you advised.
I'll wait for the answer

Have a nice evening too
Hans
Hi Heinz,

where do i send the info to Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko ?

You know his email address ?
Pepe ,

In the Netherlands it's about time to get dinner.
Like Garfield i put a lasagna in the oven to get over this mess.

Me, i don't want a link or an advice. I just want the software, now.

Buenas noches (for later)
Hi Pepe,

seems we have a new "No Power Director 8" community, sic.
I tried the advise from the othe thread and guess what ?
Still no Power Director 8 Ultra.
Still waiting for a valid download link.

Happened twice at SmartSound - Phoned support - 1hr later - solved !

Now going into the 3rd day omg.

Now still doing video's in PD7

Nice..
I got the normal answer related to blocked downloads in Windows, but that was not the problem. I regularly download software from various companies and all is fine.

It seems that Digital River has not placed the download locations right. So we customers end up with the error message. I'm waiting for them to correct the mislinking.

Help.

2 days now;

I cannot download the 2 installation files for Power Director 8 Ultra & the Content Pack. When i run the upgrade software, it tries to download the Content Pack and stops. The Power Director 8 never shows up to download.

Quote: "The server returned an error response. 403=forbidden

I ordered the download & paid for it and i'm stuck now.
Go to: