Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems producing project wmv/HD standard
Hans Kattenmand
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2009 06:17 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
All is running fine except for one thing. When using one of the wizards ie. image stabilizing or lighting adjustments, i cannot produce to wmv HD standard. PD8 renders till the first wizard adjusted clips comes and then it stops. Stops not freezes. Time keeps counting and mouse pointer moves, but it stays just there on that point. restarting et. nothing helps, only removing the wizard effects. Then it goes on producing. Shame, i could use it sometimes.

Any way out, apart from not using the wizards ?

Intel Q9650 3.0 Ghz, 4 gig memory, C: is SSD Intel X25-m 160 gig, the supporting drives for files are 300 gb. VRaptor & 7200 rpm F1 Spinpoint 1Tb, Win XP Pro en, very clean PC (no games)

Anyone have suggestions on this weird behavior ?

Hans
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Hans,

What type and size of files are you using ?

Have you checked with Task manager as to what PD is doing when it stops - ie has its cpu usage dropped to zero.?

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Hans Kattenmand
[Post New]
Hi Adrian,

i'll stick to Marcus' quote and will keep on hoping.
The files are .mts HD video files.

I'll check later when i get back the taskmanager. That i didn't do yet.

Till later,

Hans
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hans, I had the same problem with PD7 I could only produce a video using the stabilisation effect at 720 it would not produce to 1080.

On PD8 I can use the stabilisation effect but have to be careful that the video is not too complicated as in PIP tracks, fades, music tracks as it still crashes. Plus I can only do it if I cripple 6 of my 8 cores on my i7 cpu. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Hans Kattenmand
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

All video's are now "complicated" ie. fades between clips, various pip's, and a complete soundtrack/soundscore made in Sonicfire Pro 5 (moderate till extremely complicated or large), additional sound effects.

Since i only have a Q 9650 and not an i7, i guess i'm stuck/screwed till the next PD8 update.

Hans