Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green screen approx. in the middle of project after rendering (12 secs)
Hans Kattenmand
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2009 06:17 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Project duration is 51:08 min in 1920x1080 25fps PAL. URL=http://youtu.be/KNuHEsReRcY It can be reproduced over and over again, sic. What can I do about it or is it a bug in PWD12 ?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
51 minute video - I stopped after 3 minutes.

1. Please provide a screenshot of your project, Edit Workspace.
2. Localise (as you know where it happens) the place which you stated, doesn't encode correctly and expand the track to frame level. Take a screen shot of the location.

Please attach both images and a diagnostic as part of your reply.
Part B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Dafydd
Hans Kattenmand
[Post New]
The screenshots asked
[Thumb - 2014-04-10_16-36-02.jpg]
 Filename
2014-04-10_16-36-02.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
581 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
98 time(s)
[Thumb - 2014-04-10_16-41-38.jpg]
 Filename
2014-04-10_16-41-38.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
463 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
95 time(s)
[Thumb - 2014-04-10_16-42-13.jpg]
 Filename
2014-04-10_16-42-13.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
91 time(s)
Hans Kattenmand
[Post New]
The DX-DIAG txt
 Filename
HansKattenmand-DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
286 time(s)
 Filename
HansKattenmand-64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
53 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
245 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Hans Kattenmand,
Thank you for the additional information.
Ok, here's a list to read.
1. The Diagnostic reveals your graphic card driver is in need of updating - it is dated 12/19/1012. Go to the AMD site and seek the latest driver.
The green screen is associated often with GPU issues.
2. You only have 4gb of RAM - this doesn't meet the minimum requirement for editing HD files on a 64bit syste. Look up PDR12's minimum spec.
2-1. Your CPU is underpowered and will struggle with HD video. It will cope if you carry out minimal editing, no effects etc, it will be very slow to complete instructions. You'll need to rely on SVRT to output speedily.
3. You have Shadow edit files being produced and you have not let them be created before starting to edit. See the Media Library, the thumbnails and the yellow icon in the thumbnails, when it changes to green, that's when you start editing an not before.

The likely cause of the green screen is a combination of all three items mentioned. You need a more powerful computer to have a better video editing experience.

Just a guess.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2014 13:01

Hans Kattenmand
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

You guessed, now I have to follow your expert opinion.
I ordered the next PC (finally) and start all over again, sic.
My guess is I have to buy all Cyberlink products again or is it 1 license 2 PC's?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Dafydd,

You guessed, now I have to follow your expert opinion.
I ordered the next PC (finally) and start all over again, sic.
My guess is I have to buy all Cyberlink products again or is it 1 license 2 PC's?

Software licensing is a "grey area" for me to give much of an opinion and the license itself is not that clear. I'm inclined to the opinion you have a one user license for the software rather than a multi-user license where it is installed on multiple PC's for many individuals to use. In other words, install your software on your new PC as you are a single user of the product at any one time.

OS licensing is tied to the actual PC it's installed to and this is especially true of OEM Operating Systems (OS).

Please don't take my opinion as being correct, it's just an opinion and what I would do.

Dafydd
Hans Kattenmand
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Shame you are too far away to drop by. You are a remarkable man with a character to fit. I like you as virtual caregiver (given your lecture on software ethics : I was only thinking out loud ie. I was thinking of all the programs on my beloved "old" PC. And I know, I cannot hold you on what you say or obtain any rights whatever you write, neither will I sue you for anything - you're just a good person! Thanks sofar.
LarryBoy123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2014 11:45 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
This post is for Dafydd Bevan:

PROBLEM: I'm trying to get help for my daughter on her PD12 project. She too consistently gets Green Images in various locations when she produces. Her current production is producing a Green Image for three seconds at the 4:48 mark and then again for four seconds at the 4:57 mark. The entire production is about 15 minutes. She has experienced this on other production too that are of the same complexity.

REQUESTED INFORMATION: Dafydd, I have gone through your forum posting guide and have gathered all of the information you have asked for:

1. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
2. PowerDirector Version and Build (see "About PowerDirector" attachment below)
3. SR number (see "About PowerDirector" attachment below)
4. Source Material: AVCHD video from a SONY HDR-CX290 (see Sample Video Clip and Sample Audio Clip attachment below) These are the clips playing when the Green Image appears.
5. Description of the problem: As I said above, my daughter consistently gets Green Images in various locations when she produces. Her current production is producing a Green Image for three seconds at the 4:48 mark and then again for four seconds at the 4:57 mark. The entire production is about 15 minutes. She can edit the video by removing a clip or modifying clips, but the Green Image just moves to another area of the production. She has experience this on other production too that are of the same complexity.
6. Anti-Virus: Norton Security Suite Version 21.6.0.32
7. No additional codec pack installed. Only what came with PD12.
8. No additional video editing software installed except what comes with windows 7.
9. Burning Software: Roxio Burn
10. No burn create issue.
11. Background Processes: See attachment. It only shows the top 1/3 of them. If you need more I can get it.
12. dxdiag logs: See the regular and 64-bit version attached.
13. Edit Workspace and Production screens: see attachments below.
14. Install the latest PDR patch. DONE.

[Thumb - About PowerDirector.png]
 Filename
About PowerDirector.png
[Disk]
 Description
About PowerDirector Screen Shot
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
55 time(s)
 Filename
Sample Audio Clip 20141129102109.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
Audio Clop from the problem area (audio detached from video)
 Filesize
26688 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
136 time(s)
 Filename
Sample Video Clip 20141130012745.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
Video Clip from the problem area (it is muted in PD12)
 Filesize
32736 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
129 time(s)
LarryBoy123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here are the next three attachments:

Filename
LarryBoy123-64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
64-bit DxDiag
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
225 time(s)
[Thumb - Background Processes.png]
 Filename
Background Processes.png
[Disk]
 Description
Background Processes
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
56 time(s)
 Filename
LarryBoy123-DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Regular DxDiag
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
223 time(s)
LarryBoy123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
And, the final two attachments...

[Thumb - Edit Screen Shot of Problem Area.png]
 Filename
Edit Screen Shot of Problem Area.png
[Disk]
 Description
Edit workspace of problem area expanded to frame level
 Filesize
1136 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
57 time(s)
[Thumb - Produce Screen Shot.png]
 Filename
Produce Screen Shot.png
[Disk]
 Description
Produce workspace
 Filesize
119 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
55 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Larry,
This will be my only post on your issue on this thread. You have hijacked (taken over) another editors thread and you must start a new topic - reference this thread and your information.

Thank you for all the data.
Observations:
1. Your graphic card drivers need updating, go to the AMD/ATI website, do not rely on Windows info.
2. Your low powered graphic card and low powered CPU means the PC will struggle with large projects and anything you add/change/include into the track while editing.
3. You have started editing while Shadow edit files are still being processed - a big No No, see the yellow icons in the media thumbnails, they must turn green before starting to edit.
4. Tip/suggestion: Split your project into smaller chunks, produce them and then use SVRT to merge them.
The green screen issue is likely due to what I've mentioned above (1 to 3) as your computer is really struggling and jumps when the going gets tough.

With patience you should be able to complete the project - small junks, edited & produced and then brought back together.

The above is just an opinion.

Dafydd
PS Please start a new topic.
Hans Kattenmand
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd, You're too friendly on this closed topic. As you said to me:"Your rig is so totally underpowered, that it's amazing it is still working (PowerDirector 12). You should upgrade finally to a nice Core i7 instead of struggling with the obsolete Quad 3ghz with far too little memory etc." I finally found time and enough coffee ie. read courage to complete the jump and must say you were right. It's a total different world now - a feast to use Power Director 13 now :) Thanks for the help.
LarryBoy123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hans, what computer did you buy?

Thanks, Larry
Hans Kattenmand
[Post New]
Hi Larry,

Local internetstore: Informatique

Core i7-4770 CPU 3.40 GHz
installed memory: 16.0 GB
Win 7 64 bit
C Drive: Samsung SSD 840 EVO-500GB
D,E,F Drive each 4 TB
Drive Image Drive G: also 4 TB

Lots of programs (was my fear to get them working again, without buying 2nd time) like Adobe CS 6.5 Design/Production, SmartSound Sonicfire 5.8 Pro, the obligatory PowerDirector 13 meanwhile etc..
Have a look at what it's made with: look up on YouTube
" kattenmand " about 914+ untill now on 2 channels. It's Dutch to you (no pun intended), but nice video's on what we do on animal care/rescue in the Netherlands. Later ones are of course better than first ones.