Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Have downloaded trial version of PowerDVD 12 and have a problem I’m trying to resolve.

I'm giving a video presentation from a laptop using a video projector.
I want to run full screen to a video projector and keep the playback controls on the Laptop.
How can I separate the Playback Controls from the bottom of the screen and make "floating" (This was always possible with PowerDVD 6).
Its no use hiding the controls because I need to see at least the timer if nothing else.

Is this possible and if so how is it done?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks Dafydd,
I tried your suggestions but it seems the problem is the default audio compession AAC. I created a new profile and changed audio to LPCM and it produced OK.

Thanks
Bob
Hi,
Trying to produce a .MOV file from an edited .MOV movie using PD 9.0.0.3305.
I get an error "QTsetComponentProperty(output audio format) failed" in a pop up box and Powerdirector freezes.
Original movie plays OK as does the cropped version in PD "Edit" mode.
Any idea how to cure this???
Thanks,
Bob
There is a "workaround".
Select the movie clip then click the "Trim" button. This allows dragging the scrubber (start or finish) and the trim can be undone later if required.
Its not what you're after from V8 but it is accurate to a single frame.
Problem is that you can't see how the trim interacts with other tracks especially audio.
I too would prefer to drag from the timeline.
Bob
Oooops - Apologies.
Hadn't noticed the tick box on preferences/editing - My problem solved - Phew
Bob
I've just realised that Sound and Text tracks don't move either when the duration of an object on Track 1 changes.
Bob
David commented on items in PIP tracks not keeping their place with main video. - He's right.
If you change the duration of an earlier photo then even if the pip has been "grouped" it will NOT stay with the other grouped items.
Try this:
Put 2 photos on track 1 then put another on a pip track somwhere below the second photo.
Now change the duration of first photo. - The pip doesn’t move. Is causing me a big problem
Bob
Thanks for all the replies.
I now realise that I need to put the watermark on PiP track No. 9
Maybe a tip to others for the future
Thanks again,
Bob
I have a .PNG file that I want to use as a watermark so it sits on a PiP track for the duration of the movie. I have recently needed to add a new PiP track but images on this track obscure the watermark.
Is it possible to re-arrange the PiPs so the watermark track is always at the front?
Thanks,
Bob
Have downloaded PowerDVD9 Ultra trail to view m2ts files. My older PowerDVD6 has a separate control panel.
I can't find it on PowerDVD9 Ultra. Is this available?
It's very useful when using video projection as this panel does not get projected but displays information on the computer.
Thanks, Bob
Thanks for both replies.
Maybe its something for a future PowerDirector wish list.
I recently needed to add an extra slide which moved the timeline along and put all sound fades out of line. It would be great if it could be done automatically.
Thanks again
Bob

I have a background music track for a slide show and want to add narration which is made up from a lot of small voice files.
Is there a facility in PD8 which will automatically reduce the volume of the music track when it detects these voice files or will I have to do this manually.
Thanks,
Bob
A quick workaround is to apply the 1st transition and Copy it (Control-C).
Than move the cursor to the next positions and paste - Control-V is easiest.
Go to: