Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reduce music track volume for voice files
Bob Johnson [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Staffordshire Joined: Aug 02, 2009 10:16 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have a background music track for a slide show and want to add narration which is made up from a lot of small voice files.
Is there a facility in PD8 which will automatically reduce the volume of the music track when it detects these voice files or will I have to do this manually.
Thanks,
Bob
Bob Johnson
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bob,

Manually I'm afraid, as far as I know.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Something that might make it easier to lower the volume of the music track at the places where there are voice overs is going into the audio mixing room and adjusting the music track slider while playing back the movie. The music track will be keyframmed in real time as you adjust the music volume slider.

You don't even need to playback the movie to use the music volume slider to place keyframes. That's easier to me than using the mouse to click and drag the little dots around.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 17. 2009 16:01

Bob Johnson [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Staffordshire Joined: Aug 02, 2009 10:16 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for both replies.
Maybe its something for a future PowerDirector wish list.
I recently needed to add an extra slide which moved the timeline along and put all sound fades out of line. It would be great if it could be done automatically.
Thanks again
Bob

Bob Johnson
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hey - Xerox - THANK YOU

The real time adjustment adjustment you've suggested is great! I didn't even know you could do that... when I think of all the time I've wasted making little dots and tweaking volume levels, it makes me shudder. Not sure how I missed that.

I should have asked you in the first place.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!