Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just installed 2420 into the previous version that had been working well on my Windows 7 machine, except for an occasional crash. After the installation, the transition library disappeared except for "constant gain" and "constant power." Has anybody seen this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Dave S.
I did not explicitly remove PD9, but it looks like the PD10 installer removed it for me. It's not in the program menu any more, nor is it listed under Programs & Features in the Control Panel.
Ales,
This just keeps getting stranger. I haven't seen a huge difference in project build time between PD9 and PD10, just a general sluggishness in the PD10 user interface. Nonetheless, your test clearly shows a situation when the build time difference is substantial. I hope CL has a team hard at work trying to solve the problem(s).

BTW, PD10 does start much quicker than PD9.
Randy,
Thanks for the heads-up on Avid Studio. I won't waste any time on it. Despite the PD10 problems under discussion in this thread, I don't think you'll regret moving to PD10 from PS14. With a good video card, you'll see amazing speed when rendering MP4 productions.
Randy,
I used Pinnacle Studio for many years and was always frustrated by its bugs, but I didn't want to pay for a high-priced editor like Vegas or Premiere. They finally solved most of the stability problems in Pinnacle v14. I started using PD at v7 and liked its stability and speed, but it was behind Pinnacle in features. I used both products for several years, and PD advanced much more rapidly than Pinnacle, with features such as 64bit, hardware acceleration, multiple timelines, and so on. Eventually PD9 became my main editor. Now that Pinnacle is owned by Avid, I notice that they are pushing Avid Studio, and so I expect Pinnacle Studio to eventually become dormant. I might pick up a copy of Avid just to see how it compares to PD, but on paper I think PD looks better. It's too bad that PD seems to have taken a step backward in the PD9 to PD10 transition. I hope they can resolve the performance problems quickly. Also, it would be neat if PD included a feature to convert Pinnacle projects to PD.
I disabled the multiple thumbnail feature, since that was (and still is) a notorious time-waster in Pinnacle Studio, which I used before PD. Pinnacle refers to it as "scene detection." Disabling it in PD10 improved timeline performance a little, but it's still slower than PD9. Pop-ups are slow in PD10 whether the thumbnail feature is on or off.
I agree with Ales on poor performance of PD10 versus PD9. Been using PD for many years and recently did lots of editing with PD9. Installed PD10 upgrade on same machine, and performance is much slower. Simply moving the timeline cursor can take more than 10 seconds, whereas in PD9 the movement was instantaneous. When I double-click on a title, PD10 has a long delay before popping up the title editor. Same for other pop-ups, such as motion editor. Blaming the user for this change in performance seems misplaced, since all Ales and I did was install the PD10 on the same machine where we were previously using PD9. IMHO, this is a PD10 flaw, not a user error.
Go to: