Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 patch build 2420
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 12 patch build 2420 released on Software Update page:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Release Note:
[New features]
1. Increases contrast of waveform display on timeline.

2. Allows for lower bitrates in customized H.264 video profiles to reduce file size.

[Updates]
1. Adds support for Holiday Pack vol.5

2. Implements workaround to fix the memory allocation issue in NVIDIA’s new VGA driver.

3. Resolves the audio/video out of sync issue after saving and reopening a project when the default transitions duration in preferences is a non-integer.

4. Resolves miscellaneous issues when applying Magic Style templates.
a. Resolves program crash issue when adding a video clip to the last slot of downloaded Magic Style templates in Theme Designer.
b. Resolves the Magic Style issue where templates are sometimes black once applied to clips.
c. Resolves the Magic Style issue where clips disappear after applying "Interactive" template.
d. Resolves program crash issue when switching Windows user, changing screen resolution or entering sleep mode while previewing applied Magic Style.

5. Improves the project transition compatibilities from previous version.

6. Resolves the issue where produced MPEG-4 videos using the H.264 codec (high profile type) cannot be uploaded to YouTube.

7. Resolves the issue of block artifacts in 3D produced videos.

8. Resolves the issue where some characters cannot be typed in the Menu Designer.

9. Improves program stability when using the Magic Movie Wizard, Slideshow Creator, and Menu Designer.
a. Resolves an unexpected crash issue reported by CyberLink Issue Reporter when using the Menu Designer.
b. Resolves the issue of inserted images disappearing when switching to Root menu from Titles/Chapters/Subtitles menu.

10. Improves program compatibility with Pixelan CreativeEase and FilmTouch plug-ins in the Menu Designer.

11. Resolves the fixed preview window size issue with Pixelan plug-ins.

12. Resolves the burning unsuccessful issue when using 3D MPO image as background in menu template.

13. Resolves miscellaneous unexpected program crash issues.
a. Resolves the unexpected crash issue reported by the CyberLink Issue Reporter when burning discs.
b. Resolves program crash issue when inserting titles in Arabic and Chinese in the Title Designer.
c. Resolves an unexpected crash issue reported by CyberLink Issue Reporter when continuous thumbnails is enabled.
d. Resolves program crash issue when producing video with the Memory Field template.
e. Resolves program crash issue encountered when trying to capture copyrighted BD-J content.
f. Resolves program crash issue when dragging clip with overlap transition from one track to another.
g. Resolves program crash issue when an applied title character type has deleted characters in the Title Designer.
h. Resolves program crash issue when deleting a character after inputting more than 255 characters in the Menu Designer.
i. Resolves issue of program not responding when rotating default "Item" object in the Menu Designer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2014 06:05

LN17 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2013 04:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Enable Intel Quick Sync Video worked 12 times to convert video to 1920x1080, but after that .
"Production unsuccessful. Please ensure your graphics card driver is up-to-date, and update to the latest version of Windows Media Player or QuickTime software. You can also try to output the production in a different video format."

When do you fix this bug? I need to reinstall the software again and again or just use software rendering it is not what we accept from the sotware.

Ps. I tried the latest 2420 update, but it is still an issue.

Kind regards,

Lajos
Cray131 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2013 15:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello you asked for more information on the problem so i made this video: [youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d-yfMvsiVk [youtube]
 Filename
CrayDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
The dix
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
483 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 27. 2013 09:48

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Wow

That's some patch update D

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2013 02:37

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Wow Thanks for the update Can't wait to try it out !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2013 09:10

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
videomaker 10
Newbie Location: eua/brazil Joined: Dec 02, 2013 14:51 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Improved, even more have problem when running with SVRT videos in 29.97 fps.
I'm working with videos so as to 24p at 30p or 29.97 p the SVRT not work for me.
Using last nvidia 331.82 driver running smoothly. Pc bulldozzer 6300,12gb ram,Hd ssd 240gb S.O W7 64 bits,Hd 2tb Ar,motherborad asus M5a97 R2.0,Geforce Gtx 650 Ti.
Pdr 12,Adobe Premiere,after,Photoshop,Photodex proshow producer and pinnacle studio 16.
mrmusic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2009 12:44 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you... it has helped with some of my issues.... I'm still testing the software myself. But, forgive my asking, .... but why is software with so many problems made available to the public until bugs are worked out by the designers? Every time a new version comes out I fall to temptation and buy it, .. and am often faced with problems I never had till I shelled out more money. I would think it would make the purchasing public.... valid customers, very skeptical about buying when we (they) are uncertain to the program's stability. Nothing like a track record to either make folks feel confident..... or fearful. ... just sayin....

That said, .. thanks again for all you do.
[Post New]
i try to download the update, but it says something like cyberlink downloader could not complete the download, please check your internet connection or check your firewall. AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
DarkHorseMt
Newbie Location: Montana Joined: Nov 19, 2009 14:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased Power Director 12 today box version (12/30/2013). Will this come with the patch build 2420 already installed or will I have to install it once my program arrives?

Thank you for any answer you can provide. HP Pavilion Entertainment PC, Windows 7, Intel7 ,Nvidia
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
mrmusic

What you said is what the Cyberlink wants too. Unfortunately Cyberlink cant access and test on all computer configurations around the world.
You should be aware that the software is "Beta tested" by Cyberlink and by many distinguished members of this forum before it released to general public. It is impossible to anticipate how PD will behave in a particular computer set up. Hence the glitches and patches.

DarkHorseMt.

To check if your PD is with patch 2420 click on power director icon on top right. It will show the version number like e.g, 2230.
If the version number is not 2420 then you need to apply the patch.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2013 03:41

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: i try to download the update, but it says something like cyberlink downloader could not complete the download, please check your internet connection or check your firewall.

Please provide a screenshot of the error message.
Dafydd
[Post New]
I contacted cyberlink and they said that i had to rename the downloader file. I renamed it and it worked.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2013 05:23

AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
kaybe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2013 07:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I also tried to download the update, but after a very slow download 30 to 50 KB/sec (I have tried it a number of times) and before it's finished I get "Cyberlink downloader could not complete the download, please check your internet connection or check your firewall". My internet connection is OK and other downloads today come at around 6MB/sec. I see you suggest renaming the downloader file. What rename should I give it?? Tried just "Cyberlink.exe" and it shows no improvement.

Never had this problem with Cyberlink updates before.
[Post New]
I just deleted the number 5 in the downloaders title. It was bechause i had more than one downloaders in the same map that all is named the same. If it dont work to delete a number or something extra numbers, i dont know how you can fix it. AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
kaybe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2013 07:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have got to 202MB of the 207MB total and the same message has come up and a "Retry or Cancel" box. The "retry" doesn't seem to do anything. The "Resume" on the main download box is greyed out. I was so close, although it has taken over 2 hours to get this far. I think Cyberlink must have a problem with the downloader.

Frustrated in a very wet and windy UK!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I have got to 202MB of the 207MB total and the same message has come up and a "Retry or Cancel" box. The "retry" doesn't seem to do anything. The "Resume" on the main download box is greyed out. I was so close, although it has taken over 2 hours to get this far. I think Cyberlink must have a problem with the downloader.

Frustrated in a very wet and windy UK!!

Hi kaybe,
I didn't have a problem downloading a few days ago and I doubt anything has changed. Have a go again with the downloader and see if you can start afresh maybe.

Tip: Clear out previous data* and run the downloader again.
* Go to: C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\Downloader and delete the *ini files.
ProgramData is a hidden directory.

Windy with clouds racing across a blue sky most of the day, here in west Wales

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 31. 2013 11:18

DarkHorseMt
Newbie Location: Montana Joined: Nov 19, 2009 14:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
BabIndia,

Thank you very much for your response & answer to my question. When my new program arrives I will take your advice.

Thanks again,

Carlyn in Montana, USA HP Pavilion Entertainment PC, Windows 7, Intel7 ,Nvidia
DavidF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2012 19:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. I tried deleting out the ini files as suggested but it has not helped.

I get around 13 Mb/s download but even downloading the installer it was coming across at around 2Kb/s. Once started, it's trying to download around 14.93 Kb/s upto around 33 Kb/s (the installer says it will take 108 hours to download)

It the installer is cancelled after the request for the reason for cancellation, it doesn't actually exit but has to be cancelled from Task Manager.
Angelo_1000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2013 12:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
All,

I experienced the same download problems as mentioned by others. I managed to download the entire 200+ MB file eventually. I didn't cancel the download after receiving the error, instead I selected "retry". This will continue from the point where it stopped.
I must say that the download speed was embarrassingly slow. This had nothing to do with my Internet connection speed, nor was it related to the suggested firewall issues. I'd no problems downloading updates in the past from CyberLink nor do I have problems downloading from other sites. Also, nothing changed at my end. Maybe the reason is the size of the update?

Best regards,
Angelo
ncddcn1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 30, 2013 05:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have exactly same problem with my PowerDirector 11 update patch download - running at 3.73kb/sec!! Rediculous, as all other downloads running at around 9mb/sec! Update says it will take over 24hr! Nigel