Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The version I have is: K-Lite Codec Pack Full 7.1.0
I copied the files off the camcorder onto the hard drive of my PC. I will check quicktime to see if I have the latest version of it. I do have the latest updates for PowerDirector 8.
I have Power Director 8 Deluxe that I purchased from Cyberlink
I recently bought a new camcorder that creates HD files. When I put them on the timeline, the audio works but no video. I read another post that talked about making sure the Shadow files finish creating and I did. I also read where it said that I may need a new Codec so I installed the K-Lite Video Pack and it still doesn't work. I have PowerDirector 8. My Camcorder is a Canon Vixia HF S20 and it creates MTS files.
I downloaded the trial version of PowerDirect 8 to see how it worked. I created one project but prior to creating the disc, i purchased the product because I didn't want that Trial version label on it that shows up at the beginning. Well even though I have a purchased version, that label is still there when I open up the project in the purchased version. Is it possible to get rid of that or am I going to re-create that project all over again?
Thanks for the posting that was helpful. I figured everything out except the fade in and fade out feature. Is that part of the modifications in the pip editor?
I saw this really nice slideshow here: http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/video/540

I'm new at PowerDirector. I have been trying to figure out how it was done especially the first part with the one image in the master track and the displaying the other images from the Pip track. Were the pictures that were put on the Pip custom made? Am I correct to assume that you have to be able to use a tool outside of PowerDirector to do something like?

Can someone tell me how that was done?
Thank you. Threse responses were very helpful. It was an issue with the particular template that I selected.
I'm new at using Powerdirector. I have figured out for most part how things work but even after reading several postings on menus, I don't understand how to change the Chapter menus. I originally picked a menu that came with Powerdirector and then decided to go download a template. I used that template and didn't think anything about the Chapter menu until I created the DVD files and burned the DVD and found that the Chapter menu is the menu that I orginally picked. I have searched and can't figure out how the Chapter menus are picked or changed. I went to Menu Edit where you change fonts and stuff like that but I want a different template all together. I was wanting it to match the main menu template.
Go to: