Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Change Chapter Menus in Powerdirector 7
purplesunlite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2009 07:08 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new at using Powerdirector. I have figured out for most part how things work but even after reading several postings on menus, I don't understand how to change the Chapter menus. I originally picked a menu that came with Powerdirector and then decided to go download a template. I used that template and didn't think anything about the Chapter menu until I created the DVD files and burned the DVD and found that the Chapter menu is the menu that I orginally picked. I have searched and can't figure out how the Chapter menus are picked or changed. I went to Menu Edit where you change fonts and stuff like that but I want a different template all together. I was wanting it to match the main menu template.
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
From what I can tell, this should automatically change the chapters also. Does it only do this with the downloaded template or does it do it with the other templates as well? (Only change the main page but not the chapters?) If it only does it only with the installed one, perhaps there is an issue with that particular template? Try downloading a different one and see if the same thing happens.

If it does it with all of them then, the only thing I can suggest is that there might be something in the install that isn't working properly. Trying an uninstall and reinstall would be my next thought. Here are some instructions posted by Dafydd regarding reinstalling.

Uninstall and reinstall of PowerDirector Try the following way to re-install PowerDirector:
a.) Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector

b.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click "Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete the "PowerDirector" folder

c.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit"--> click "Hkey_Current_user" --> click "Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete "PowerDirector" folder.

d.) Delete C:\Programs Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector And reboot your PC. After this, please install your PowerDirector

I would check the other templates first though, it might be an easy answer.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Take a few...hours... perhaps to look at some tutorials and look up some super tips.

PD7 - image/tip guide resource for video editors
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page
Look up: Robert(WA). Some notes to help with menus:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4767.page

PD7 - VIDEO guide resource for video editors
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2009 09:59

purplesunlite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2009 07:08 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you. Threse responses were very helpful. It was an issue with the particular template that I selected.
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Great to know. Glad it worked out.