Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating a slideshow using effects and Pip Tracks
purplesunlite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2009 07:08 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I saw this really nice slideshow here: http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/video/540

I'm new at PowerDirector. I have been trying to figure out how it was done especially the first part with the one image in the master track and the displaying the other images from the Pip track. Were the pictures that were put on the Pip custom made? Am I correct to assume that you have to be able to use a tool outside of PowerDirector to do something like?

Can someone tell me how that was done?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Depends a little on how consistent the background color of the pictures was. It looks like in this case they used like Photoshop magic extractor feature as you can see a hard edge on some of the pics. They extracted the pics and put them on a transparent background.
What you can do entirely in PD though is use the chroma key feature in the PIP to remove the background of the pictures. Play around with the feature. Look at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page for a chroma key effect video demo. After that they used a simple fade in and out features.

Jeff
purplesunlite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2009 07:08 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the posting that was helpful. I figured everything out except the fade in and fade out feature. Is that part of the modifications in the pip editor?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
In the PIP Designer, on the motion tab is the fade in and fade out check area. You control the behaviour with key frames.

Jeff
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2009 20:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
You could try Veritus fluid mask for working with still images it's quite expensive but try demo.

billi