Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Michael thanks.

I have saved my original download copy to my NAS.
Am I missing something here? I'd have thought all you need is

* Just download a new copy of PowerDVD from the Cyberlink site, install it,
* logon to your account at Cyberlink and retrive your CD-key
* Run PowerDVD and use your CD-key

Can someone please confirm whether this is accurate? It is important that I take my precautions now rather than regretting it later.

Thanks

Quote: If I'm getting this right you never made a back up copy of your program to an external drive or dvd-rw.

Try throwing yourself at the mercy of Cyberlink customer support, get your activation key from your Cyberlink account, and any proof of purchase.

Hopefully they will be gracious and help you out good luck. :
Thanks for the suggestion. I finally got my link through another e-mail. It looks like there is a time delay (couple of hours) between buying the product and receiving an e-mail with the D/L link. I think this must be made clear to customers when they buy a product. I have no idea why it is not instantaneous as I paid via PayPal.

In the mean time:

1. Do not use a download manager when you use the link. It turned out to be I had 11 times/rights to download it and before I finished the first download it was stopped and I got a message saying I used up all of my 11 attempts! It happened within a minute or two but obviously the server is not that clever.

2. Do not rely on your OEM copy of PowerDVD's internal upgrade option. It turned out to be not valid. Don't ask me why there is an option in the first place.

In the end, I applied for a refund.

I hope this might be useful for other people.

Cheers
I just upgraded from v7 (which came with the PC) to v9 (and still waiting for the download link!). Just browsing the Forum topics I realised so many 0 (zero) answers to customer queries.

My question is "do Cyberlink staff follow this forum regularly?"

If not, I will direct my future questions directly to technical support and don't bother with the forum.

Cheers

I am in the same boat (except extended d/l service). The instruction was to logon Cyberlink site and check "Order Status" to get the download link and other relevant info. They are blank. I tried with IE and Firefox to make sure that I don't have a browser issue.

Obviously something is not working here. I already sent a note to the tech services but I suggest someone to look into this issue as it might impact other customers as well.

Thanks

Quote: Hi Robert

Thank you for getting back to me.

Soon after posting my message I got a reply from Tech Support with a link to download and serial key which has sorted the problem out.

I did receive the confirmation email from Digital River but it doesn't have a link to download or the serial key. Maybe because I also purchased the Extended Download Service ....

Cheers
Najam
Go to: