Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need to reinstall power dvd 9(bought online)
[Post New]
I had bought power dvd 9 of cyberlink's site for my windows vista 64 bit system. A year later I took it into the shop to get a new hard drive installed and upgrade to windows 7.

So they backed up every thing from the old hard drive on to a new 500 gb drive and wiped the old drive. They then did a clean install of windows 7 64 bit.

How can i get power dvd 9 back?
Stock [Avatar]
Member Location: UK Joined: Jul 08, 2006 11:43 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
If I'm getting this right you never made a back up copy of your program to an external drive or dvd-rw.

Try throwing yourself at the mercy of Cyberlink customer support, get your activation key from your Cyberlink account, and any proof of purchase.

Hopefully they will be gracious and help you out good luck. :
Jazzman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2009 03:12 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Am I missing something here? I'd have thought all you need is

* Just download a new copy of PowerDVD from the Cyberlink site, install it,
* logon to your account at Cyberlink and retrive your CD-key
* Run PowerDVD and use your CD-key

Can someone please confirm whether this is accurate? It is important that I take my precautions now rather than regretting it later.

Thanks

Quote: If I'm getting this right you never made a back up copy of your program to an external drive or dvd-rw.

Try throwing yourself at the mercy of Cyberlink customer support, get your activation key from your Cyberlink account, and any proof of purchase.

Hopefully they will be gracious and help you out good luck. :
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Jazzman,

* Just download a new copy of PowerDVD from the Cyberlink site, install it,

==> No, downloading from CL site will only provide you the TRIAL Version, this Trial can not be activated by using CD-Key.

When you bought your Version online you get a valid DL location - you should downlod (do not ue Download-Accelerator) and save it e.g. on a CD or DVD.
Another option is to order a CD/DVD which will be sent out to you aftera couple of days (extra fee)

Greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Jazzman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2009 03:12 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Michael thanks.

I have saved my original download copy to my NAS.
Zelikin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2008 18:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
wonderful, i have my key on the site and lost all data .........
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Zelikin,

Please contact the Customer support team - they should be able to help you

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan