Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just today decided to give the Recovery Backup feature in Power2Go 10 a try. Installed the assessment kit and then made my backup on 2 bd-r. To be sure all things were good I made a system image backup as well on a network share just in case. Rebooted with the cyberlink bd-r recovery disc in drive and away I went. It wiped the c drive I had which it should and then did the full restore. Looks to be working quite nicely. After going through this experience I thought I would like to know more about what the program was doing. It stated only can it backup the c drive. I wondered what if I have stuff on c, d and other drives that I have and need to restore? What if I am using just one disc drive with 2 or more partitions and want it fully restored? My main questions are these:

1) Can the program backup an entire disc reguardless of the partition scheme used? (efi, recovery, data partitions)

2) When doing a full restore and you have either a drive that is bigger or smaller than what was originally used, can the program adjust on it's own to fit the new drive or will it error out if the same size drive is not used?

3) Does this software recreate partitions on the fly before restoring the os and applications? Or do I have to run some partition software to build the partitions before running the recovery discs?

4) If in fact I use a bigger drive than what was originally backed up will the recovery leave wasted space on my new drive which is not partioned and unusable?

Note most of my questions are referring to an automated function and not the specific ones a user might have to do using a different software like Acronis True Image. I understand the reason for this program and not the other's is for its fully automated design which I like very much so.

I scanned this document this morning (Power2Go_ENU.pdf) but wasn't able to find exactly the technical explanation of the questions I mentioned in this thread.
I have not seen it every in any version of power2go. I would say you could just try a different burning software unless some that knows more answers your question about power2go. It's been over a month since you asked and nobody came back that's a good bet it is not supported.

Try google for imgburn and give it a shot. This is not an endorsement for that software just a straight forward acknowledgement that it will burn blu ray and 2 at the same time. I would caution you though. Burning 2 blu-ray at the same time can be system intensive so there are some things you have to check and make sure before doing it. System resources and so forth.
I have the same issue. Tried modifying the following registry key and rebooting but no help.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CLVirtualDrive]
"MaxDriveNumber"=dword:00000001

Changing the dword from hex to dec and put a 2. Reboot and it should have given me 2 drives but still only one.

Looked at the pdf support doc for power2go 8 and it makes not mention of being able to have 2 or more simultaneous drives mounted. That is what your asking for.

Maybe cyberlink can help with some suggestions or maybe it just is not possible yet till they rework the *.exe file associated with it.

To get the current installation working I found you have to do two things. Then reboot your computer and it should work fine.

Step 1 Navigate to the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink Corp\Power2Go8\Drivers and locate a file called CLVirtualDrive.inf. Right click on this file and choose install.

Step 2 Navigate to the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink Corp\Power2Go8 and locate a file called CLVirtualDrive.reg. Double click that file and say yes to merging that with your windows registry.

I did these steps on win7 64bit and had no issues. Have tried this 3 different times and each time it worked. You may not have to do the 2nd step but do it anyways since it won't hurt a thing and it will at the very least make sure you have the proper amount of virtual drives in the registry.

If this does not correct your problem I would suggest contacting Cyberlink as I am not an employee of their company and am only providing a solution to the problem you listed. Understand that while this worked for me it might not work for everyone because of a variety of reasons. Try it and see.
From what I have been witness too, most if not all commecial players won't let you pick a title or pop up menu with commercial playback but most if not all of them will allow you to push chapter next and skip them. That's how its been working in my house since blu rays came out. PS3 is a perfect example of one such player. There are many more that will let you use chapter next to skip them. One big issue that cyberlink is failing to mention but seems to be a big problem is windows media center integration. While playing back a bluray inside mediacenter it will not allow you to click chapter next via the remote control. That being the windows media center remote rc6. It will however let you click next via the mouse and the on screen menu that comes up when you shake your mouse. If you have a media type keyboard with the media player buttons on it then that will also work just fine. I suspect cyberlink is trying to make us watch commercials on purpose. I posted a similiar problem on a different thread where I discovered the chapter next worked fine outside media center. So it's specifically the media center experience they want to control.
Update:

One other note. I am able to pick the resume playback if I do not pick the 24fps option. I.e. I say no to the prompt. Nice but Id like to try to keep the movie playback 24fps as much as possible.
I have a very unique situation happening. If I watch some of the movie in the star wars 9 disc bd series and stop playback I cannot resume playback. Here's what is going on:

First I turn the movie on, doesn't matter if its episode 1, 2, 3 or any of the 6. If for some reason I decide to stop playback and then go back into the movie they all have a feature inside the movie discs themselves to allow you to resume.

Sounds pretty cool right?

Well it is but everytime you start a disc thats bluray powerdvd 12 asks you if you want to play it in 24fps. I do so I pick that option everytime. Once I do this the menu to pick resume yes or no appears. At that point I have not media center controls what so ever. My only option is to either press the windows key to minimize media center or control alt delete to get to the desktop. Once there I can exit media center by right clicking on the icon on the toolbar.

Then when starting the movie back this being a 3rd run the resume point has been reset and I have to pick a chapter from the chapter search feature on the disc to approximate where I was just at.

I have never ever seen a bluray disc with this feature built in. Not sure how common it might actually be.

I have no clue as to why selecting 24fps would lock up the resume playback menu but as for any other time I have no problems what so ever. To make this matter clear I never have this problem and if I have no resume points for the star wars disc I also have no problems with them either.

Only get this issue when selecting 24fps and presented with a resume playback screen on the 9 disc star wars bd set period.

Any ideas why?

I am using a ms mce remote rc6 with windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

No other problems with power dvd 12 during this issue to report. Just the one.
Sent private message with a special request that might help me trouble shoot this problem a little easier.
Thank you for your quick reply.

I just went back into both pc's to verify what I have happening so far. I can confirm I made a mistake when reporting the issue. The chapter next problem is only affecting windows media center playback. If I go into the desktop application and either desktop mode or cinema mode the chapter next works fine as intended.

The only time chapter next seems to not work is in windows media center which I was under the impression it used cinema mode as well but for some reason it is acting a little different then the desktop application does in cinema mode. I was however able to get the chapter next buttons on my keyboard tested and they seem to be working just fine.

To narrow it down the problem exists in windows media center only and only in using the media center remote.

Here is the diags from the other machine just in case.

This machine is my primary mce one on the tv anyways

All my windows media center remotes seem to be RC6.

As for which titles reproduce this problem it seems to be to be all titles region 1 to be specific is what I have at home since Im in the US.

Here is a list of recent titles I have been watching:
A few good men (BD) Region 1
The greatest american hero (DVD) Region 1 Disc 1 - 4
A clockwork orange (BD) Region 1
Wallstreet (BD) Region 1

I have about 250 BD and nearly 3000 DVD in my current library. So I have a wide range to try this problem on just too many to list here. lol

As for the exact nature of my problem:

Picture this.... You just put a dvd into your dvd or bluray player. Set TOP box to make this a simple comparision. Disc inserted and you see the title menu come up. You press play. The movie starts to play. Now you decide you wan't to start ona different chapter so you hit the next button or chapter next or whatever its called on your remote. Some just have arrows with a solid vertical line next to them. And it goes to the next chapter.

Now imagine doing this in power dvd 10 or 12 and you hit the same button while watching a movie. And to your surprise nothing happens. It won't go the the next chapter. And just to be sure you hit the previous chapter button and still nothing happens.

So now you go to your mouse and wiggle it around to get the on screen keyboard or menu to pop up. Once its up you select chapter next from that screen and it forwards to the next chapter.

This problem appears to be a bug with how powerdvd is translating mce commands. I assure you this has not been a long time case. Power dvd 9 and 10 both had no issues with chapter next fuctions on the remote. Now recently power dvd 10 has had issues sine a recent update. And of course power dvd 12 has the same problem. I assure you I was awasre of a fix that was produced for 11 via the cyberlink forums. Had I not seen it was fixed with 11 I would assumed it to still be a problem but I was not expecting this to exist in 12. Please ask me any more questions you might have I am willing to trouble shoot this proble with you if need be. Attaching my dxdiags for your inspection. They are from a machine with just power dvd 10 installed. I can also get the diags from a version 12 machine if you need them.

I recently purchased powerdvd 12 upgrade from 10 because I found that version 11 was patched to fix my problem. The problem is that powerdvd 10 did not do chapter next or previous using windows mce remote after a recent update. The forums had suggested this same problem was affecting version 11 of powerdvd but a patch was out that fixed it. I figured that would have included version 12 but to my surprise it did not.

Here's what I would like to be able to do:
Use my windows media center remote to fuction like any other blu ray remote on the market. What I mean is to be honest Until recently I have not had an issue with chapter next and chapter previous in any powerdvd version. I do not however have this problem and its definitely something I have determined to be within the power dvd programming as of late.

Just a quick note on this pc I also have an oem version os powerver dvd called hp smart media and to my surprise it works just fine when doing chapter next and previous.

I have tested these funtions on both dvd and blu ray media and its the same problem either way. Also to make a quick mention the problem only effects cinema mode and not the standard desktop mode. That mode is accesible via windows media center or when you select cinema mode on the desktop application. I have been able to duplicate this issue on various windows builds to include a complete reinstall of windows 7 on 3 different pcs to be sure its not rogue install.

Please let me know if there are any workarounds or patched in the works?

Is there any thing I might change in the PowerDVDCinema10.mcl file that might fix this problem?
Go to: