Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am looking to make a film of a burglar ransacking a living room. I need the video to appear like a hidden camera. (like a wide angle fisheye)I have tried the fisheye effect but it is too distorted. Can anyone make a suggestion?
Is there a way of adding an additional effects track. I am trying to do a censor blur project but need to blur out 2 faces. On the effects track it only allows you to do one blur or am I missing something?
Hi,
I have installed PD Ultra 11.0.0.2812 running Windows 7 Professional. The program can't seem to cope with the workload I put on it. I load mainly .MTS captures to work with. Every time I try to use PD11 it hangs after I load the segment to the timeline and try to move the cursor too fast along to where I want to cut the clip, then it just closes all together. I have to work extremely slowly, and then when it produces the movie in .WMV they are more than likely pixelated and useless. I also have PD 10 installed and everything works smoothly using that. Also it takes ages to produce a movie. A 500MB 9 minute film takes about 30 minutes to produce
I have tried uninstalling, running CCleaner, etc but still the problem remains. I have been battling with this problem for a month now and don't use the program anymore, just thought I would give it a shot on here.
I have PD10 Ultra and downloaded the update. The program will not produce in .wmv format. I can produce in every other format given but when I try to do it in .wmv the program just does not even start to produce. The elapsed time clicks away, I can here my CPU getting louder, but no production occurs
Just an update. Card arrived today and in 2 minutes it was installed. drivers updated, monitor attached. WOW, what a difference. Encoding a film using PD10 took a third of the time normally, PC runs quiet as a mouse, Windows experience rating for graphics has gone up from 3.5 to 7.2! All for £40.
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all of your input. After doing a pretty intensive search and probably upgrading my PC later this year I went for a middle range card that didn't require replacing the PSU but would give me faster encoding times. I went for the Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card from Amazon. If it doesn't produce what I am happy with I will just return it.
Quote: I've been trying to find what kind of card/or chip you have in that computer. All I could find was that it comes with an on-board chip. Do you have a real card or just the chip? If you have the chip, do you have a slot if you want to put in the card? What kind of slot?

Have you updated the drivers for what you have? Do not trust Windows to find the most updated drivers.

Go to Dell first to get updated drivers. I looked on line and wasn't sure but you can go here to see if AMD/ATI has something for you. The last updates for something similar were from May of this year. Often just updating the drivers will give you major improvements in speed and other abilities.

Go here (http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx) and see if the detect and install will work for you.

Hi Steve, well I updated the driver via the link you provided and my windows experience rating has now gone down from 3.6 to 3.5
I have 2X 16? pin slots empty to place a proper card in. It just has to be a slimline card because of the case
Quote: What is PSU specs > wattage

PSU is 300 watts
Hi Tony,
I looked at that one but it says the minimum power supply is 400 watts.
Hi,
I have a stock Dell Inspiron 546 Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM With an ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics card. The Dell casing is one of the slimline ones and the PSU is 300 watts.
What would be the best graphics card to install to get the best out of PD10 without changing the power supply?
Thanks in advance

I managed to sort it. I reinstalled using another version.
Download it from here
Link to PD8 TRIAL removed - Moderator
I have PD8 running on vista premium, when I load a video in the workstation and click on it, it plays in the preview window, when I drop it down to the time line and run it from there I just get a black screen in the preview pane, I can hear the audio, but no video, can someone help please. I just upgraded from PD7
I would like to know if it is possible to remove the background of a subject in PD7. I want to have my subject dancing in front of a white background
Is is possible to make a 3D film with PD7? I know I need 2 cameras about 3-8 inches apart. Then I need to make one video with adlue tinge and the other one with a red tinge. then put them on the same timeline and render. Is this possible with this software.
I am now wondering if my PC can not cope with the large file size. I also have watermark master and it crashes each time I add a .mp4 file to that.
Here is what I have
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_ldr.090302-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 546
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 1790MB RAM
Page File: 1080MB used, 2752MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Maybe more Ram would help?
Just tried it in standard definition and it crashes as well.
Thanks guys, found the file. It only had 24MB in it. BTW Dafydd I am in Nottingham, so the same time zone as you. Will await your reply. this has really got me stumped. I have even tried converting the file using Super © and get a failed error. The only program I have that will convert it without trouble is Magic video converter. It does a pretty good job but there is still some quality loss converting to .mov from .mp4 and in the end thats what I bought an HD camcorder for. I could just as well take it back and go back to using my Mini DV tapes. I must say you are a lot more help than the official support. 5 emails without even understanding what the problem was then offer me a refund. You couldn't make it up.
Quote: PowerDirector creates a hidden folder called, "shadoweditfiles", in my case its in my videos folder. You have to change your system settings to display hidden folders, first.

Try cleaning this folder out and restarting Powerdirector.

Also use the 'Disk cleanup wizard' in your Programs, Accessories, System Tools area to clean up temp files.

Thanks for the replies. Can not find this folder shadoweditfiles and have allowed all hidden folders to be view. Cleaned up temp files, still no joy. Dafydd: PM sent to you
Hi, I have a major problem on my hands. I have recently purchased a Samsung HMX10 HD camcorder. It records in .MP4 (H.264). I have placed a small clip taken with the camcorder onto my desktop then imported into PD7 (7.0.3017) using the import media tab. it is now sitting on PD7 and I can see it in the preview panel. I can play it, FF/RW all sorts. BUT, once I try and drag it onto the time line PD7 crashes EVERYTIME. I have searched through here and found that it does seem to be a bit of a problem, so I defragmented my PC (I am running Vista Premium), uninstalled and reinstalled PD7, still now joy. i have contacted support but they are not very good. It has consisted of 5 emails back and forth, (all I seem to get are stock replies, as if no-one is actually reading the emails)with the last one saying that they will issue me with a refund if I can scan my purchase invoice over to them. the only way i have found around this is to convert the MP4 file into .MOV then place that on the timeline.
I am having no joy getting my finished movie to record back to a DV tape on my Canon XM1. I am running vista home premium, and PD7. I do all the procedures correctly, the film processes, then I get the screen where it is supposed to record back to my tape. I have fire-wire attached, the camera in VCR mode, I click OK on PD, I get the warning that all content on my tape will be overwritten, click OK again, then the counter on my camera and the counter on the right of the processing box on PD start counting up, but the counter next to the total time on PD just flickers but doesn't move, and nothing is being transferred. Can anyone shed some light on this please
Go to: