Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
thanks for the info. I don't have the specific, error, usually, its just "power director encountered a problem and must close"

I am using windows vista 32
power director 6, though its bundled with DVD suite -came with computer
HP laptop
AMD 64x2 2.2ghz
3gb ram
250gb hard drive
17 inch screen

As for the format, its a Non-HD camera, saves the files as .MP4
I have a sanyo camera that produces .mp4 (quicktime files). I CAN import them to power director, however, the program does not seem to like it. Usually it will close down with sort of error. I am using all the FFV codecs and such. So my question is. What is the next best conversion to use. .mp4 to avi? mpg? I would like not to have much loss or change in video size. I just want the best format that PD can edit, but make a clear DVD.
I just made a DVD using an MPEG that was converted from a MP4 file, but after I made the DVD, on a standard television, it has pillar boxes....what am I missing? I check the PD settings, and it says standard 4:3 ratio.
thanks for the replies. Just to clarify, how do you know its running in the back ground? Do i have to open each one of them up? (decode, encode, ect) Sorry for the confusion.
thanks for the input. I downloaded the FFDshow, extracted it and installed it BUT i am having a hard time understanding it. Is it something that runs in the back ground? A little info on its function would be great. How to use, run ect.
yes, I have tried the drag and drop. .MP4 files will work, however, .MOV files will not.
Hey all, I am fairly new at video editing and have a couple questions. I have two SD movie cameras. One saves the video format as *.MP4 and the other as a *.MOV file - both a quicktime video. Nice video, but terrible for any editing.

I am using power director 6. This program cannot open either extension, can only open .AVI, MPG, ect. So...here lies my question. I am using SUPER to do the conversion, but what is the best no loss settings to use, as well as extension. Is it better to convert to .MPEG or .AVI? What would be the best settings to use? I have tried both, but both seem to give a grainy, blocky picture and I feel its got something to do with my settings.

Any help is appreciated.
Converting to an AVI file made a difference. Im going to mess around with it some more. When converting to an AVI, is it better to make its output container as DIVx or as an MPEG? Just looking for that no loss conversion.
lol, too easy. Thanks for the input
Okay, Im a newb to this software and can't figure this part out. I have my video edited and ready for finalizing. I created a title in the title maker section. I then clicked to insert the title which then put it in the title bar. However, I would like my title to show at the beginning of the clip, and THEN move into the video. As of right now, its displaying the title on top of the actual video.
bif,

thanks for the reply. My system is a amdx2 64 2.0ghz, 3gb of ram and 500gb hard drive.

The camera I am using is a Sanyo Xacti, non-HD. It records to a SD memory card. A 1gb card is about 40 minutes of video.

The particular file I am trying to work with is around 500mb in size. It seems that PD7 has a hard time with this format, especially when trying to "move around" with in the video clip.

On a side note - if I can't get it to work right with MPEG4, what is the best no loss conversion I could convert the video to, and then edit with PD7? I have SUPER on my PC as well for video converting.
I downloaded the trial version to make sure this is what I want and to make sure its going to work. But, I am running into some problems. My video camera saves movies to a SD card, and saves them into MPEG-4 format, which by default is quicktime. After downloading the Power Director 7 trial software, I couldn't get it to play the file after import. I then downloaded the DIVx codec. Now I can play the file with after importing it but then ran into another problem. When I try to edit the file, for example, using the trim feature, I get an immediate "Power Director has stopped responding and will close, windows will notify you with a solution" So, is there a fix for this? Is it a problem with the trial software? I really like the layout and features, but don't want to spend any money on it if its not going to work. Any help appreciated.
Go to: