Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pillar box?
matt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 24, 2009 17:34 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I just made a DVD using an MPEG that was converted from a MP4 file, but after I made the DVD, on a standard television, it has pillar boxes....what am I missing? I check the PD settings, and it says standard 4:3 ratio.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Pillar box?

Mp4 video frame size?

Aspect ratio?

DVD selection?

Matt, some more information would help.

From what I've read into your posting. You've made the wrong choices and had your project in the wrong aspect. As for "pillar boxes" please attach an image of what you see - a screen shot.

Guides:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART D, E and F

Dafydd
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd wrote:
Pillar Box?

Dafydd,

Out west here in the hills of the United States, everyone has a Pillar Box.
At night when we’re a hankerin’ to go to bed, we take our Pillar out of the Pillar Box, and lay it on the bed so’s we can have us something to rest our heads on whilst we sleep.
Then in the morning, we put that there Pillar back in the Pillar Box, so’s we can keep the durn varmints from getting’ into our Pillars during the day.

Matt,

Remember…
- your "project" has an aspect ratio setting (director’s chair > edit > aspect ratio > choose)
- your "clips" coming in an aspect ratio setting
- once in the timelime, the clip’s aspect ratio can be changed/modified (right click on clip > set aspect ratio)
So… there's 3 possible stages where aspect ratio can be a factor.
Now none of this may apply to your situation. As Dafydd said, give us a little more information, and someone here will help you get it sorted out.
So you won’t have to lay there, a tossin’ and a turnin’ on your Pillar all night, trying to puzzle it all out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 22. 2009 08:14

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Carsten,

Sleep tight and I hope your pillar isn't too lumpy after being shoved up a pillar box all day!

Dafydd