Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Members,
I am currently running PD15 and am looking to upgrade as soon as I can afford the new PD21. I know some will say just get the subscription but I am not a huge user and do not want a subscription for various reasons.

MY question is, I am currently working on a trip video and need to work on changing some photos and am not willing to buy more software. I have a PowerDirector Ultra 8 disc which has Photo Now on it. Can anyone help me with setting up just the Photo Now part of the program, or is this not possible,. I am not a computer guru, but know enough to understand if I have clear instructions.

thank you
Quote Hi Members,

I have just returned from a wonderful trip overseas where I took some wonderful footage. I had just purchased and tested the new PD15 and all is wonderful. Uploaded my footage with extension MOV and started to create another movie. I turned on my computer one day and the ever-so-not windows 10 decided to do an update and has updated the sound icon to a sound mixer. All OK until I loaded up my new movie, no sound whatsoever. I dislike windows 10 with a passion, but really need help to solve my sound issue. I have spent numerous hours trying to look at issues already suggested on PD forums. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Debra

If this is only a problem with PowerDirector and Longedge's suggestions do not change anything, have a look at the speaker icon under the preview screen. If there is a line through it, the sound is muted. Click on it to adjust it.

Problem solved, I just needed to use a pair of headphones in the headphone jack to hear the sound. thanks for your help
Quote Loss of sound is a recurring problem it seems. Two initial possibilities are 1) You have inadvertently unticked the box on the left of the audio timeline or 2) You have your preview set to "Non real-time preview".Have you confirmed that neither of the above is the cause?

Just bye the bye, you and I share the same opinion of Windows 10

thank you for the reply and both of your suggestions are not the cause and I have solved the problem. The only way I can hear both my video sound and any youtube video is to insert a pair of headphones into the headphone jack at the front of my HP tower.

thanks
Hi Members,

I have just returned from a wonderful trip overseas where I took some wonderful footage. I had just purchased and tested the new PD15 and all is wonderful. Uploaded my footage with extension MOV and started to create another movie. I turned on my computer one day and the ever-so-not windows 10 decided to do an update and has updated the sound icon to a sound mixer. All OK until I loaded up my new movie, no sound whatsoever. I dislike windows 10 with a passion, but really need help to solve my sound issue. I have spent numerous hours trying to look at issues already suggested on PD forums. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Debra
Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone can help me. I have just purchased PowerDirector 15 and am just going through the installation process.

I have also been welcomed as a new gold member and have received the photodirector 5 Deluxe and I need to know how much data it would actually take to install this new program. I am very limited to my data usage each month of 7gb. I know this does not seem like that much each month, but we are low internet users.

thank you
I am not a guru when it comes to any problems with a pc. I have upgraded to windows 10 (very regrettably) and am using PD 11 Ultra. I have been using Power Director since version 6, so I am very happy with the way it works. I upgraded the memory to 8gb to cover what the specifications required to run Power Director, but since upgrading to W10, wow it is so slow and crashes continuously. I have no other programs running on my computer at the same time. Any suggestions to how I can improve the speed or are there any other operating systems that go well with Power Director?? Any help would be appreciated.
yes sorry Title track and no it was not checked, have check marked now and all is working perfectly, thank you
Hi everyone,
I was in the middle of making a new movie and have been for the last week, then went to replay and it shows that the text track is there, but does not appear when watching the movie. ??????
I have been using Power Director since PD5. I do love the program but I am producing a rather lengthy movie at the moment and not sure if this is the problem. The video is 3 1/2 hours long and the PDS file size is 43,862kb. I have had nothing but dramas since I started, it keeps dropping out, therefore I lose whatever I have edited and it is extremely slow. Tried to produce last night and it just stopped working. I have all the system requirements stated in the users guide book. Can anyone tell me if this file is too large?
thank you
Hi Tony,

I have attached another word doc with my problem.

Hope you can help, otherwise I think I will go back to PD7, less hassles.

cheers, deb
I have attached a word doc with a view of my screen when creating a new menu.

Why is it when I click on an existing template, another one appears on the apply page?
Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

thanks
I would like to show someone a mpeg file I want to use as my menu page. What is the biggest size I can send to the forum as an attachment
thanks
debra
I am going crazy with trying to create a new menu. I created one and saved it, but can't find it again.
sorry everyone I need more help.

Not sure if I am right, but I have created a video wall from 4 videos, an mpg, vob, vob and avi. As you can only create a video wall through pip tracks, I don't seem to be able to produce these files into one mpeg file so I can make it chapter one. As I am only a novice at this, I am not sure if I am doing it right.
thanks Kevin,

Looked at video thanks. I have created a wall from clips I have placed into pip tracks. I am actually looking at making a movie about several race cars andwanted to be able to select them at different stages, is that where chapters come into it. This movie will be placed on the web. I had a look at the tutorial, but I don't seem to be able to access chapters with pip tracks.

hope you can help and that this makes sense.

thanks, debra
Are there any good tutorials regarding making chapters in movie production.

thanks deb
thank you jaime will give it a go
thanks Tony, once again some great tips.

Debra
Is there any way to increase the duration on a transition.
thanks
Deb
Can anyone tell me what is the best extension to use when producing clips. I have noticed sometimes on you tube that the quality is not there. I want to produce a top quality video to be used on a website. Your suggestions would be helpful.

thanks
Debra
Go to: