Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound problems with powerdirector 15
yuanator16 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2009 04:12 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

I have just returned from a wonderful trip overseas where I took some wonderful footage. I had just purchased and tested the new PD15 and all is wonderful. Uploaded my footage with extension MOV and started to create another movie. I turned on my computer one day and the ever-so-not windows 10 decided to do an update and has updated the sound icon to a sound mixer. All OK until I loaded up my new movie, no sound whatsoever. I dislike windows 10 with a passion, but really need help to solve my sound issue. I have spent numerous hours trying to look at issues already suggested on PD forums. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Debra
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Loss of sound is a recurring problem it seems. Two initial possibilities are 1) You have inadvertently unticked the box on the left of the audio timeline or 2) You have your preview set to "Non real-time preview".Have you confirmed that neither of the above is the cause?

Just bye the bye, you and I share the same opinion of Windows 10
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Members,

I have just returned from a wonderful trip overseas where I took some wonderful footage. I had just purchased and tested the new PD15 and all is wonderful. Uploaded my footage with extension MOV and started to create another movie. I turned on my computer one day and the ever-so-not windows 10 decided to do an update and has updated the sound icon to a sound mixer. All OK until I loaded up my new movie, no sound whatsoever. I dislike windows 10 with a passion, but really need help to solve my sound issue. I have spent numerous hours trying to look at issues already suggested on PD forums. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Debra

If this is only a problem with PowerDirector and Longedge's suggestions do not change anything, have a look at the speaker icon under the preview screen. If there is a line through it, the sound is muted. Click on it to adjust it. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Charles Paxton
Newbie Location: Louisiana Joined: Sep 12, 2017 20:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Loss of sound is a recurring problem it seems. Two initial possibilities are 1) You have inadvertently unticked the box on the left of the audio timeline or 2) You have your preview set to "Non real-time preview".Have you confirmed that neither of the above is the cause?

Thank you! I was tearing my hair at the mysterious silence in my timeline. Hope is rekindled!

Charles
yuanator16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Loss of sound is a recurring problem it seems. Two initial possibilities are 1) You have inadvertently unticked the box on the left of the audio timeline or 2) You have your preview set to "Non real-time preview".Have you confirmed that neither of the above is the cause?

thank you for the reply and both of your suggestions are not the cause and I have solved the problem. The only way I can hear both my video sound and any youtube video is to insert a pair of headphones into the headphone jack at the front of my HP tower.

thanks
yuanator16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Members,

thanks

Debra

If this is only a problem with PowerDirector and Longedge's suggestions do not change anything, have a look at the speaker icon under the preview screen. If there is a line through it, the sound is muted. Click on it to adjust it.

Problem solved, I just needed to use a pair of headphones in the headphone jack to hear the sound. thanks for your help
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible that the headphone jack went bad and need to be replaced. The sound from the speakers are redirected to the headphones when they are plugged in. The sound should be redirected to the speakers when the headphones are unplugged.