Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Windows 10
yuanator16 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2009 04:12 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I am not a guru when it comes to any problems with a pc. I have upgraded to windows 10 (very regrettably) and am using PD 11 Ultra. I have been using Power Director since version 6, so I am very happy with the way it works. I upgraded the memory to 8gb to cover what the specifications required to run Power Director, but since upgrading to W10, wow it is so slow and crashes continuously. I have no other programs running on my computer at the same time. Any suggestions to how I can improve the speed or are there any other operating systems that go well with Power Director?? Any help would be appreciated.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.
Quote: Any suggestions to how
I can improve the speed or are there any other operating systems that
go well with Power Director?? Any help would be appreciated.

w7. if you have comparable pc like mine.

see this article -> http://www.computerworld.com/article/3089071/microsoft-windows/customer-wins-10k-judgement-from-microsoft-over-unauthorized-windows-10-upgrade.html

and this thread produce faster is there a way -> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49617.page

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garabge out'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2016 19:30

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I don't know what Pepsiman is trying to do by welcoming you to the forum after your 26th message, and then not offering any help. I'm no PC expert, but I do know that if you post a copy of your DxDiag file, the members here will perhaps be able to offer some guidance.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2016 14:35

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There is a more recent claim of performance issue after upgrading to win 10: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49330.page . This user got no help from win 10 users.

PepsiMan himself said in the past that he had issues after upgrading to win 10 and uses dual boots where PD in the win 7 partition.

Unless win 10 users themselves offer help then the best thing may be to revert back to the previous os. Reset, reinstall seem to do no good particularly with older 5-6 year old computers. I find no chipset drivers or support for my intel mb for win 10.

It is best to buy a new computer with win 10. If there were any problems in the os before the upgrade then the upgrade is unlikely to fix anything except maybe have more issues. A DxDiag.txt can help here.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry I only go back to 12 on this W10 computer. I do not see any slow-downs.

Do you have the Anniversary build of W10? What is slow on your computer? Do you have the shadow files turned on?

Please post the dxdiag.exe text file from your computer. Attach the text file, do not publish the entire line by line print out. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 11:10

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
8gb of RAM is barely borderline when it comes to HD video editing and the processor needs to be top notch too.

Please post a copy of your DxDiag file so that the members can make a judgement. Seeing that you upgraded to 8gb makes me wonder what sort of processor you have, and the only way we can see that is by having a browse of that file.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,