Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just decided to revert back to the Default HD Audio Drivers that Windows 7 provide for the time being as these worked with Power DVD and the Sigmatel Ones for the time being don't.

Yet, a fix to this issue with the Sigmatel Drivers provided by Dell for there machines would be greatly appreciated.

Here goes my system info since I didn't post it in my:

Power DVD Version 9 with 2320 Patch
SR Number: DVD091117-01
Bought from Site, previous version of 7 Ultra was from my LG Blu Ray player.
Nvida9600GT
Driver 195.5
Device is a sigmatel stac 92xx c-major hd audio
Current Driver: Default Windwows 7 HD Audio Device Driver, would prefer to use the Vista Driver provided by Dell, but Power DVD 9 doesn't detect this properly with this current patch.
DVI-D
Single Monitor.

Read above for issue, Power DVD 9 doesn't detect the Sigmatel stac 92xx c-major hd audio driver and sound card properly and hence no sound is coming when playing any type of Video Format.
I too just ran into this problem. I was initially using the HD Audio Driver that comes with the Default Windows 7. Yet, this default driver didn't detect all my jack properly for Line In and other jacks on my Sigma Tel audio.

So after finding the Vista Driver for my Sigma Tel from Dell I installed this and everything was detected properly. Only issue is that now Power DVD won't play any any sound.

So now I'm a bit annoyed, I get one matter functioning properly, but then lose functionality for something else.
Funny, I found the reverse to be true. I ran into lock up and freezes while using 7.3 that came with my LG Blu Ray Drive. Downloaded the Trial for 9 and haven't had a single issue with it, all Blu Ray's play fine, even Dark Knight.

I too ran into this problem when installing the latest WHQL drivers from Nvida, 185.85, and Power DVD 7 stopped working with the, drivers are not compatible error while running Windows 7 RC.

What I found more irritating is the fact that I got a crappy 3 year old player that doesn't run the hardware I purchased adequately enough from LG and to get software that will, will cost me 59-99 dollars.

Power DVD 7 is quite clear not to meant to be the best Blu Ray player, most likely the first player created to play the HD formats by Cyberlink. This to me was evident when after encountering this error I gave Power DVD 9 a shot and noticed that with 7 I would encounter stuttering and even freezes while watching Blu Ray's this is gone while running DVD 9.

Haven't had an issue with DVD 9. I don't like the fact that inadequate software was bundled with my Blu Ray Drive, both a fault of LG and of Cyberlink. Cyberlink for not offering a better deal to LG for better software to be included with there players or even offering a better upgrade options for people who purchased Blu Ray Drives from LG for better and more efficient software.

So now I will be using my trial of DVD 9 till that is up, then I will be trying the Trial of other Blu Ray software and see which one I like out of my options.
Go to: