Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power dvd 9 playback issues (crashes / lockups)
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2009 08:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dear all, i just upgraded from power dvd 7.2 as it wouldnt run all the latest movies, but did a good job.

all i wanted was to purchase a full 7.2 version BUT no i have to buy a full
ver 9 ultra package. Well OK i say and go for the Daddy of players

Well thats not ture !!

My mate has the full 7.2 Ultra version and it works 100% better than the ver 9 software, even with the latest update installed.

I have 10 movies that wont even play on v9

Dark Knight - wont load
King Kong - menus all crazy - wont play main movie ( does play AD's)
Days of Thunder - freezes on start of movie - locks system resetart
Bangkok Dangerous - wont play moive
SlumDog Millionare - no main movie again AD's play fine
Death Race - no main movie
etc..

The main thing here is that all the Ad's (Traliers playback 100%) but the main movies just go black and the counter keeps going or the freeze up the whole system.

check this other with the 4 x Bluray player i have in my studio setup and all do the same thing

If i take these player to my mates ver 7.2 powerdvd they playback
100% no issues.

i'm uisng XP, so's he on a Macbook pro 17" laptop so that said

PowerDVD we need a FIX and need it NOW !!

why do i need to pay $100 for a waste of time

Ps: I'm writting this due to the fact that i can log in to my account, but cant log in to the tech support area !!
saying LOG IN failed, well how did i get in here then ????

please report back if your having issues too

Jason
Cuong [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2009 00:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i'm with you Jason. Updated to PDVD9 from 7 and nothing but problem. DVD play with no audio, both bluray and regular dvd, a/v only when plays in movie mode; contact support and this is what they suggest:"In response to your concern, please try to re-install the operating system and then make a clean install of full retail version of PowerDVD 9 Ultra and then try again to play your Blu rays in it.

If, you would encounter the same issue again, then you may ask for a full refund of your PowerDVD 9 Ultra upgrade purchase." What kind of BS respond is this? For anyone out there has PDVD7, keep it, don't upgrade to PDVD9.
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2009 08:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
couldn't have put it better myself. Power dvd 7.3 ultra is after a days testing still rock solid !!

ver 9 even after the update has many issues, which i think are in the GFX card area / others as this would be the area they would upgrade to work with newer gfx cards/ newer pc's etc..

But dont just turn off the older software here, people still have older gfx, pc's etc..

I'm running this on a mac book pro 17" 2006/7 version, it ran 7.3 for years
without any issues, then i upgraded to ver9 and all hell started. so it has to be nwere drivers in this version that dont like the older drivers.

from the news i have so far version 8 ultra is OK, but can't confirm this yet 100%

I'll report back here once i have any more news from my other contacts in the BIS that are helping me at present.

Hopefully this should be sooner rarther than later

i'll keep looking in i the mean time

Jason
mlrandall222 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2009 10:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I totally agree! V 7.3 Ultra works just fine. Plays every Blu-Ray and HD-DVD I've thrown at it.

Then .... I upgraded to PowerDVD V 9 Ultra. What a pain in the butt this has been. Two patches later and I still can't play most Blu-Ray's I have. Glad I kept V 7.3 loaded or I would really be frustrated. I'm running a Core 2 Duo (2.8 MhZ) with a ATI Radion 2600 Pro with a fresh Windows XP operating system too.

Come on Cyberlink ... no patch has been issued for this crappy software since 4/17/2009. Give us some idea of when you plan to fix the many issues flooding these forums.

For those of you thinking about upgrading to V 9 Ultra, I have three words for you ... DON'T DO IT!
JaconKin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2009 17:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Funny, I found the reverse to be true. I ran into lock up and freezes while using 7.3 that came with my LG Blu Ray Drive. Downloaded the Trial for 9 and haven't had a single issue with it, all Blu Ray's play fine, even Dark Knight.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2009 10:42