Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra (OEM) and Windows 7 RC (7100)
Rishi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2009 22:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has run into an issue with 7.3 Ultra on Win7 build 7100 where it says that the graphics driver is incompatable when I try to play an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

PowerDVD 9 plays Blu-Ray just fine. (Of course I need 7.3 for HD-DVDs...)

I am using the same nVidia driver from: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_x86_181.71_beta.html

I used this in Win7 build 7000 and had no issues. I am patched up to the lastest PowerDVD patch as well.

I am hoping that a future driver update will fix this, but am afraid that it might be something on PowerDVD's side.
Mattias [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2009 15:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi i just installed Hi-def suite (PDVD 7.3 ultra) on windows 7 RC. Im using a Ati graphics card and DVDs work great, but none of my bluray or HD-DVDs work ..
Rishi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, unforunately Cyberlink has replied to me that it is incompatible and that no update has been made. There is some hope that they might make one, but not 100%. I contacted LG support as well to try and make sure they are aware also since the software came with their device.

Please contact both the hardware manufacturer as well as Cyberlink support to show that there is demand for this issue.
[Post New]
Support sent me this new DL link the other day for 7.3 http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/PowerDVD/DVD090420-01/CyberLink.5215_TaRe42_R1_DVD090420-01.exe I was having problems with BLueRay playing. Now everything seems to work just fine

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 05. 2009 16:15

Rishi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kong, you're talking about on Windows 7?
[Post New]
XP
Rishi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, that doesn't apply to this issue either it seems. Only time will tell...
JaconKin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2009 17:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I too ran into this problem when installing the latest WHQL drivers from Nvida, 185.85, and Power DVD 7 stopped working with the, drivers are not compatible error while running Windows 7 RC.

What I found more irritating is the fact that I got a crappy 3 year old player that doesn't run the hardware I purchased adequately enough from LG and to get software that will, will cost me 59-99 dollars.

Power DVD 7 is quite clear not to meant to be the best Blu Ray player, most likely the first player created to play the HD formats by Cyberlink. This to me was evident when after encountering this error I gave Power DVD 9 a shot and noticed that with 7 I would encounter stuttering and even freezes while watching Blu Ray's this is gone while running DVD 9.

Haven't had an issue with DVD 9. I don't like the fact that inadequate software was bundled with my Blu Ray Drive, both a fault of LG and of Cyberlink. Cyberlink for not offering a better deal to LG for better software to be included with there players or even offering a better upgrade options for people who purchased Blu Ray Drives from LG for better and more efficient software.

So now I will be using my trial of DVD 9 till that is up, then I will be trying the Trial of other Blu Ray software and see which one I like out of my options.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 14. 2009 18:20