Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost sound on PowerDVD 9 Ultra after update 2320
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2009 19:23 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am running this on a Dell XPS410 with Windows 7, nVidia GTX 260. and SigmaTel HD sudio and it worked just fine until this latest update, now I have no sound when trying to play a DVD or Blu Ray disc. The audio works fine in everything else, just not powerDVD. I get video just fine, just no sound. Will there be a fix for this soon?

just rolled it back one update and now I have sound.... go figure.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 01. 2009 23:12

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear John,

please let me know:
- the used AV Software
- did you install any codec pack?

BR
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2009 05:35

John [Avatar]
[Post New]
My Sound is an integrated chip in my Dell XPS 410 it is a SigmaTel STAC 92XX C-Major HD audio. The drivers are Windows 7 drivers. I haven't loaded any codec. the version of PowerDVD is 9 ultra. I reverted to patch # 2201 to get my audio back.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
I am going to guess your audio maybe set to use SPDIF for its connection.

I also noticed this and turned in a report about my SPDIF failing with the 2320 update.

I have been messing with 2201, but now my windows 7 64bit installation seems fubar after installing powerdvd and uninstalling powerdvd. I probably installed and activated 20 times this weekend trying to find a reason.

I have definetly confirmed that with 2320 my SPDIF fails. On a fresh install i can uninstall and reinstall up to 2201 and keep my SPDIF. On the installation i am using i can not get this work 100%. I can get my BLU RAY SPDIF working, but my DVD SPDIF fails now even under 2201 and my base 1501 install.

I will be formatting and reinstalling windows 7 64 bit to fix my issues, but not installing 2320 so i can have my SPDIF. I agree everything else keeps pumping out audio over my SPDIF except for powerdvd!

John [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nope, just using the regular speakers, not SPDIF. when I checked in PowerDVD, it didn't even have a sound card indicated but when I switched back it was there.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2009 12:56

JaconKin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2009 17:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I too just ran into this problem. I was initially using the HD Audio Driver that comes with the Default Windows 7. Yet, this default driver didn't detect all my jack properly for Line In and other jacks on my Sigma Tel audio.

So after finding the Vista Driver for my Sigma Tel from Dell I installed this and everything was detected properly. Only issue is that now Power DVD won't play any any sound.

So now I'm a bit annoyed, I get one matter functioning properly, but then lose functionality for something else.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 08. 2009 15:14

JaconKin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2009 17:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I just decided to revert back to the Default HD Audio Drivers that Windows 7 provide for the time being as these worked with Power DVD and the Sigmatel Ones for the time being don't.

Yet, a fix to this issue with the Sigmatel Drivers provided by Dell for there machines would be greatly appreciated.

Here goes my system info since I didn't post it in my:

Power DVD Version 9 with 2320 Patch
SR Number: DVD091117-01
Bought from Site, previous version of 7 Ultra was from my LG Blu Ray player.
Nvida9600GT
Driver 195.5
Device is a sigmatel stac 92xx c-major hd audio
Current Driver: Default Windwows 7 HD Audio Device Driver, would prefer to use the Vista Driver provided by Dell, but Power DVD 9 doesn't detect this properly with this current patch.
DVI-D
Single Monitor.

Read above for issue, Power DVD 9 doesn't detect the Sigmatel stac 92xx c-major hd audio driver and sound card properly and hence no sound is coming when playing any type of Video Format.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 08. 2009 17:11

Clint [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2010 17:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue with a Dell XPS420, support says its a know issue with the update.

How do you go back to the default Win 7 sound drivers?