Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Greetings. I am creating a DVD with two main content: a photo slideshow of a birthday party and a movie of the birthday party. The DVD menus I have selected so far have a "play" button which starts the slideshow. There are no buttons/selections to access the video directly from the root menu. The only way to get to the video selection is by proceeding to the scenes menu and selecting the video from there. I currently have the slideshow marked as chapter 1 and the video as chapter 2. I'd like for the viewers to be able to select either the slideshow or the video directly from the root menu. Is there a way to place both the slideshow and video selections on the root menu? FYI - I am running PD 9 Ultra. Thanks.
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response. That sounds like a good idea. I'll check out the youtube link and give it a shot.

Thanks again.

A GEEK
Greetings,

I was wondering if PowerDirector 8 has the ability to create a specific type of disc menu (or if there are instructions or software to create this type of disc menu to use in PowerDirector)?

The disc menu I am looking to create is one where there is an area on the root menu to insert a video clip (my friends who use Premiere Elements call it a 'drop zone', although they do not know how to create a drop zone). My idea is to create a disc menu where, on the root menu, I have an image of my family looking at a TV screen. The TV screen is the area where I could insert a video clip. Ideally it would be great to create this disc menu as a template so I could use it on various dvd's I create. I would like to start developing disc menus as templates so any information on "how to" is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!
Not sure if recievd an answer, but here is what I found and it worked for me.

From Captain Kevin (Grand Master):

Once you select the CREATE DISC function and are able to PREVIEW your menu selection.....this is what I found....below the area where you selected your custom background music...see the PLAYBACK MODE menu? Select the button "SET YOUR DISC's PLAYBACK MODE. Once selected, a Playback mode window appears and in the bottom left corner you can select and change the duration from 10 seconds to a maximum of 99 seconds (more than the 20 secondes you were experiencing). Default setting is 14 seconds. Once I set it to 99, the song I had selected played for the full 99 seconds.

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/posts/list/1037.page

I hope that helps.
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your repsonse. I am looking to animate the background and will check out the link you recommended.

Thanks again.
Greetings,

Is there a way to create animated DVD menus in PowerDirector 7? I noticed Premiere Elements contains animated DVD menu backgrounds and I was wondering if animated DVD menus are available and/or can I create animated DVD menu backgrounds?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Go to: