Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 and Disc background music duration
Earle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2009 18:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I can't seem to increase the length of my background music under create disc. My disc is using images (not videos) as buttons, and an image as the background for the menu. I have created the template using "create menu" -- so it didn't start as an existing template. The default music seems to be Sports.MP3. When I replace that in the menu with my choice of music, I get about 12-15 seconds of music. That's all, even though the music I selected is about 3 minutes. I've found various older posts that say to use "Create Disc Preferences" to change the duration, but these are pre-PD8, and I'm unable to locate this button in PD8. I even went so far as to place my music in the custom menus folder (Menu010) and name it sports.mp3, but it still is too short. This is a Blu-Ray disc, if that makes a difference. This is currently a slideshow, but will be a mixture of slides and videos when finished. I do not want videos for menu background nor for the buttons. REM
[Post New]
Not sure if recievd an answer, but here is what I found and it worked for me.

From Captain Kevin (Grand Master):

Once you select the CREATE DISC function and are able to PREVIEW your menu selection.....this is what I found....below the area where you selected your custom background music...see the PLAYBACK MODE menu? Select the button "SET YOUR DISC's PLAYBACK MODE. Once selected, a Playback mode window appears and in the bottom left corner you can select and change the duration from 10 seconds to a maximum of 99 seconds (more than the 20 secondes you were experiencing). Default setting is 14 seconds. Once I set it to 99, the song I had selected played for the full 99 seconds.

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/posts/list/1037.page

I hope that helps.