Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I just purchased PD7 a month ago and so far, it runs good on my PC using Windows XP. Opens in 8 seconds. On my new, speedy & powerful graphics computer, it opens in 4 seconds. Then when I import 32 clips (mpg) it chokes when I start trimming and crashes & turns off my machine. That machine uses Windows VISTA, 64bit. The machine has 8gigs of RAM and lots of hard drive. It should not be crashing.

Thank You Larry !
I tested PD7 with Windows XP on the same PC a while ago and it worked quite good. Crashed sometimes, loaded normally. Now I`m back to Vista and PD7 does what it does. The´re are Powerdirector compatiblity problems with Vista, I found lot of people saying that, no-one has the solution, Cyberlink does not help (try to reinstall is max You get). I ´m not plannin to go "downgrade" to XP just because of Powerdirector.

Still waiting for ANY help from Cyberlink.

Whn Vista came out, only program that had some issues with vista was Adobe Auditios. Wihtin a month there was a patch available from homepage that fixed all the problems !
Hope same from Cyberlink
Quote: I run it on 4 computers and the slowest loads the program in less than 30 seconds. Why does yours take so long to load?

That´s what I want to know also and that is why I wrote here. Since - no help

PD7 is very good program (in my oppinion) for the money, so I´d really like to fix this problem.

There must be something in PD7, that does not like my PC. Point is - it´s the only program I ever used, that does not "like" my PC or has some conflict.

Just today I downloaded some more trial or demo versions of different video editors (Edius, Pinnacle studio, Ulead Video studio, Avid Liquid, Corel Video studio, Magix Movie Edit, Roxio Creator)

They all worked smooth and loaded in 20-30 seconds !

No problem.

Point is - i have bought PD7, so I don´t want spend money to buy another...

About sound problem - I installed Crative Audigy 2 and sound was well. Unfortunately I don´t use this toy and my main soundcard is Edirol FA-66 firewire soundcard (ASIO). PD7 seemes not to like this card. When I had them both installed and selected Edirol FA-66 as primari in windows - PD7 worked with Edirol about minute and then just swiched to Audigy ! What I really miss in PD7 is option to choose what soundcard I use and do I want to run it as ASIO, DX or something else and also set the latency and buffer. Most of the programs have this option !

What data I have to post in here so someone could help ? What details about my PC and software(s).

PS ! I have found different forums with keyword Powerdirector 7 Vista problem and they all say that crashing and hanging is the main problem.

Heres what I found from one review :

The primary reason why this otherwise excellent video editing software doesn't score a higher rating is due to some of the serious bugs found in this program.
Hopefully, these issues will be fixed in the very near future, but if you are looking for a solid video editing program, you'll be taking your chances with Power Director 7 because you'll never know if you are one of the lucky where PD7 might be compatible with your PC.

Power Director 7 is a very powerful program, but the lack of bug fixes, modules that don't work, compatibility problems, and a customer support department that only sends out boiler plate emails to their customers instead of addressing the problems they are having is a major drawback for those who are contemplating the purchase of this program.

PD7 is extremely powerful but also, it would seem, very sensitive to what is on your computer as well as the type of hardware you have on your computer. If it works, it gets a solid 5. But because of the unresponsive forum help and customer service which is fast, but not very helpful with solutions, I would not recommend this program to anyone who isn't already extremely computer literate. If you don't know how to clear your registry, update your drivers, or swap out a DVD drive, you may be in for some serious headaches if you start to encounter problems with PD7.

And this was not the only review that said - Powerdirector has major bugs and a lot of compatiblity problems.

Sad to read this, but I must 100% agree

Larry !
I could download the version 8, just not in the first time. It is knwn problem on Cnet since april 2009 and there are lot of about it in forums. I jus tneeded to refresh my browser (Mozzilla).

But that´s a different matter and does not explain the problem with my PC and PD7 (or .
As I said, I use number of different audio programs in my PC and also I have testen lot of video programs to find the best for me.
Now, when the problem appeared, I downloaded trials of all major video editors and they all worked and loeded perfectly with my PC !

So the problem is somewhere between - not in only my PC.
If you search through this forum you see, that I am not only one, who has same problems...

Tommy

Sorry, but PD8 is no better, just more and different bells and whistles.
Cyberlink should "invest" more to make the version stabile and with better berforamnce that whistles.

PD7 loads over 5 minutes in my PC, so did the PD8 !
Sony Vegas loads about 15-20 seconds
Liquid 7 loads under one minute
Pinnacle loads about 30 seconds

I use professional external Firewire soundcard (Edirol) with full ASIO and PD7 crashes the sound every time I insert and replace or remove new clip in the timeline, so I have to restart the program every time I add new clip to timeline.
Its the only program that does that and that does not let me choose options for audio hardware.

When I exit PD7, it remains running in memory, so I have to close it manually in task manager. So did the PD8.
Other video programs do not do that.

Guys - these are major problems and you have to fix them not make new bells and whistles...

I know the problem is not im my hardware or configuration, because all other audio and video programs that I have or have tested run perfectly in my PC.

ok, now I clicked this button several times, went back, clicked again and in the fifth click it finally works.
Thanks.

When I click to the download button, You get next screen that says that this page is not found...
Quote: If you go to Cyberlinks home page there should be a download for the trial.

Unfortuantely it does not work !
It redirects You to the CNET, but CNET is does not work since april 2009
as Power Director 7 does not work fine with my PC and Vista, I thought I give try to Power Director 8, maybe it´s better.
So I wanted to download the trial, but CNET says

"We're sorry, but the page you requested could not be found. please make sure the spelling, capitalization, and punctuation are correct, then try reloading the page."

So where can I download the trial ?
Hei !

I have some problem with my Power Director 7 in Vista.

First the program hangs every now and then when editing video with multiply clips. Specially, when I do something and then undo.
To make one video, I have to restart the crashed program so meny times, it makes me angry.

This wouldn´t be very big problem, if the program loaded fast ! But it takes more than 5 minutes to load ! All I see is the start-up logo with blue cirlce going round in this time.

And third - if you exit the program, it stays running in the memory, so I have to open the task manager and close the progress manually.

I have new clean install of Vista home premium with SP2, al other programs run and load fine.

My configuration :

PC
Intel Pentium 4 3GHz
RAM 2 GB

yes, thats incredible, but the PD 7 still does not accept the 50i/50p files as-is and I still get the warning message.
The problem is, that You can only choose between Pal 25p and NTSC 30P and there is no option to change the settings to 50p/50i
Quote:
Quote:
After installing the Core AVC (and Haali Media splitter, that is included),

Have a read of this

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/6141.page#24845

Well - profis say, taht Core AVC codec is said to be the best and fastest codec. As I said, it worked perfectly with my low-end works PC.
There is still one thing I do not understand - does Power Director use some sort of internal codec ? Point is - I cant get the Core AVC (or Nvidia Pure Video) to work with Power Director !
Is there a way to make the PD7 to use third party codec, not some sort of crappy inside codec ?
Well - profis say, taht Core AVC codec is said to be the best and fastest codec. As I said, it worked perfectly with my low-end works PC.
There is still one thing I do not understand - does Power Director use some sort of internal codec ? Point is - I cant get the Core AVC (or Nvidia Pure Video) to work with Power Director !
Is there a way to make the PD7 to use third party codec, not some sort of crappy inside codec ?
Linda !
Cora AVC is not free (unfortunately). The best place to download it is www.coreavc.com
You can download a trial version to see, if it works and then buy it. I will give it a final try today, when I get home.

After installing the Core AVC (and Haali Media splitter, that is included), leave all the options as-is. The deault settings seem to be fine.
The only thing I would do, it marks the "use tray icon" box in the lower right corner. This way I´m able t osee, if the codec opens.

Now, when you run software to show HD video, the codec should load itself !

Marek !

Try to install the Core AVC codec

I did it with my work computer

Intel Celeron 1,6 GHz
512 MB ram
Intel 82945G integrated video
OS Windows XP service pack 3

and the HD video (1080 /25p) runs smoothly and wihtout any errors with this old crappy PC now !
I do not have the Power Director here, but if it supperts this codec - the problem is solved :
so I installed the Core AVC codec to my work komputer. It´s quite old and not with the best configuration :

Intel Celeron 1,6 GHz
512 MB ram
Intel 82945G integrated video
OS Windows XP service pack 3

And guess what HD video (1080 /25p) runs smoothly and wihtout any errors with this computer now ! I do not have the Power Director here, but if it supperts this codec - the problem is solved :
Linda !

Look to myposting in here

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6442.page

There is one more thing I found !
I use Nvidia Geforce 6600 video card (265 MB ram) and it shows up in the list of graphic cards that support Nvidia Pure Video. NVIDIA PureVideo provides ultra-smooth playback of H.264, WMV/VC-1 and MPEG-4 HD and SD videos with minimal CPU usage.

The point is - it´s not included ! You mus buy it separately. Fortunally they have a trial version for download, so I will try it tomorrow.

As they say in Pure Video homepage :
Popular video editing and authoring applications like
* Adobe Premiere Elements
* Ulead VideoStudio
* CyberLink PowerDirector (!!)
* Pinnacle Studio
* Sony Vegas Video
support NVIDIA® PureVideo® HD playback.

We´ll see ;

Quote: Hi Tommy
I also have the Samsung HMX20c .
Problems with files from this camera are because of Power director doesn't fully support this kind of MPEG4 encryption.

That´s strange because Samsung gives Power Director 6 OEM along with the camera !

Marek - where are You from ?

Hmm - strange.

I posted a letter here a while ago , but now its gone. OK ! I´ll do it again.

I called to my friend today and he asked from his friends, who work in video production company.

HD mp4 video runs mostly on CPU (codecs). Unless, you use special HD video card, that has codec in harware. So the problem is in here. The first question was - what operating system You use.

Linda - what is Your OS ?
Let me quess VISTA !?

I have Vista (32bit). The guys from video vompany told to forget about Vista when working with HD video. Use Mac, Linux or WINDOWS XP.

So tomorrow, when I get home, I will first try to install the codec they suggested (core AVC), that must be the best HD video codec and if that does not help, then install Windows XP as secondary boot to my PC.

Quote: Hi Tommy,

What is the model no of the camera? I might be able to find & download a test file and see if I have the problem.
Or if you have a share account you could post a short clip to download.

Hi !

The camera is Samsung VP-HMX20C. Funny thing is, that Power Director was included in the package of the camera. It was version 6 OEM so I bought the Power director 7 Ultra.
Go to: