Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video preview SLOW. Can't sync with audio.
Linda [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2009 22:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I imported video clips from my HD camera. When I play the clips, they are in slow motion but the audio is normal.

In the story board the clip still plays in slow motion so I cannot sync my
audio to it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Linda
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Linda
I suppose your video is AVCHD and your computer is just unable to catch up PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Linda,

Babdi makes a good point. Can you post your computer specs? Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Linda [Avatar]
[Post New]
If I play my HD clip on my computer it works fine. Inside of PowerDesigner is when it is slow. Does that make sense?

My computer: Dual Core, 3GHz, 2.5 GBytes of RAM
[Post New]
same in here.
I have Intel pentium 4 dual core 3GhZ, 2GB RAM, running Windows Vista 32 bit. Grapgic card is Nvivia Geforce 6600 with 256 MB Ram. When I load the video (mp4 1080/24p) in Power Director, the video shows as jumping slideshow (audio is running smoothly). In processes window I see, that Power director is using up to 99% of my CPU !!!

I have motherboard only with AGP, not PCI express, so I can´t use the newest graphic cards, only thing available is Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT. Maybe it helps ?

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Linda and especially Tommy, it sounds like a hardware problem. If your CPU is running at 99% when playing your video then you have a serious hardware problem.

Does the problem go away when playing lower resolution video?

Audio does not require as many CPU resources so it can keep up.

Another problem may be the hard drive. When is the last time it was defragmented and what is the drive RPM?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2009 08:45

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
AVCHD video format has been an editor's pain all along. The pain becomes more acute as the project size increases . Cyberlink and others are working furiously to overcome this problem as AVCHD is highly compressed
and difficult to work with. PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

[Post New]
Hmm - strange.

I posted a letter here a while ago , but now its gone. OK ! I´ll do it again.

I called to my friend today and he asked from his friends, who work in video production company.

HD mp4 video runs mostly on CPU (codecs). Unless, you use special HD video card, that has codec in harware. So the problem is in here. The first question was - what operating system You use.

Linda - what is Your OS ?
Let me quess VISTA !?

I have Vista (32bit). The guys from video vompany told to forget about Vista when working with HD video. Use Mac, Linux or WINDOWS XP.

So tomorrow, when I get home, I will first try to install the codec they suggested (core AVC), that must be the best HD video codec and if that does not help, then install Windows XP as secondary boot to my PC.

Linda [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am using Windows XP. Linda
[Post New]
Linda !

Look to myposting in here

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6442.page

[Post New]
so I installed the Core AVC codec to my work komputer. It´s quite old and not with the best configuration :

Intel Celeron 1,6 GHz
512 MB ram
Intel 82945G integrated video
OS Windows XP service pack 3

And guess what HD video (1080 /25p) runs smoothly and wihtout any errors with this computer now ! I do not have the Power Director here, but if it supperts this codec - the problem is solved :
Linda [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will read through your other posting. Thank you for the link.

As a work around, I am converting my files to lower resolution and I do not have the 'slow' problem. It is discouraging because I love this new HD camera and I am getting low quality video
Linda [Avatar]
[Post New]
I downloaded CoreAVC Codec. Now, I have no idea what to do with it. It brings up a screen with lots of options. How do I run it?

Also, where is the best place to download it? There are many sites? Is it free?

Thanks. Linda
[Post New]
Linda !
Cora AVC is not free (unfortunately). The best place to download it is www.coreavc.com
You can download a trial version to see, if it works and then buy it. I will give it a final try today, when I get home.

After installing the Core AVC (and Haali Media splitter, that is included), leave all the options as-is. The deault settings seem to be fine.
The only thing I would do, it marks the "use tray icon" box in the lower right corner. This way I´m able t osee, if the codec opens.

Now, when you run software to show HD video, the codec should load itself !

[Post New]
Quote:
After installing the Core AVC (and Haali Media splitter, that is included),

Have a read of this

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/6141.page#24845

[Post New]
Well - profis say, taht Core AVC codec is said to be the best and fastest codec. As I said, it worked perfectly with my low-end works PC.
There is still one thing I do not understand - does Power Director use some sort of internal codec ? Point is - I cant get the Core AVC (or Nvidia Pure Video) to work with Power Director !
Is there a way to make the PD7 to use third party codec, not some sort of crappy inside codec ?
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
After installing the Core AVC (and Haali Media splitter, that is included),

Have a read of this

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/6141.page#24845

Well - profis say, taht Core AVC codec is said to be the best and fastest codec. As I said, it worked perfectly with my low-end works PC.
There is still one thing I do not understand - does Power Director use some sort of internal codec ? Point is - I cant get the Core AVC (or Nvidia Pure Video) to work with Power Director !
Is there a way to make the PD7 to use third party codec, not some sort of crappy inside codec ?