Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If she's watching standard DVD's on her computer with 2 or 3 computer speakers, then there is no reason to upgrade.

The big new features are things like BluRay playback and HDMI audio.
I have the same problem. My system uses different audio drivers, but I can only get 2 channel sound from powerdvd movies.

The only option I have under the audio tab for speaker selection is "use s/pdif"

It worked fine right after installation.

I tried the trial first and it worked as well. What kind of problems are you having with the trial? The free trial doesn't play blurays, so it's hard to test that functionality.

I upgraded from 7,3 and ultra 9 has worked great. I use it for bluray and dvd.
anything new on this?
I haven't found a way to turn it off.

I would be happy if it used my default browser (firefox). It always opens windows in IE.

Your post is there: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6457.page

And you answered yourself in that post.

I've had a BluRay and HD-DVD standalone player, and they did not resume play either. I think the HD disc specs do not support this.
I don't have those movies. I've gotten these to play fine.

Tropic Thunder
Indiana Jones Crystal Skull
Ice Age Meltdown
Horton Hears a Who
Dark Knight
Iron Man
Wall E
Sarah Marshall
Ocean's 13
National Treasure 2
Clone Wars
did you download the correct version? Not the trial version ?
Hi, thanks for your help.

Here is my dxdiag file.

My mainboard model is an Intel DP35DP

chris

I read a post from another user on a different forum who had the same issue. Our environments were similar. Vista 64 with Intel IDT onboard audio. Under Speaker Environment there is only 1 option "Use S/PDIF". No options for analog surround.

I have a logitech 5.1 speaker system hooked up to my computer, and would like to get 5.1 analog sound from PowerDVD 9 Ultra.

I'm only able to get stereo sound when picking TrueTheater Surround or Dolby Surround Compatible DownMix as the output formats.

The only option I have under Speaker Environment is "Use S/PDIF" which i don't want to do. It seems like I should have a 6 Speaker option here. Is there a way to enable that? I'm using the Intel HD audio on my P35 chipset board.

is it possible to get 5.1 analog out ?
Go to: