Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Should i get 5.1 analog from DVDs and BluRay?
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2009 22:32 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have a logitech 5.1 speaker system hooked up to my computer, and would like to get 5.1 analog sound from PowerDVD 9 Ultra.

I'm only able to get stereo sound when picking TrueTheater Surround or Dolby Surround Compatible DownMix as the output formats.

The only option I have under Speaker Environment is "Use S/PDIF" which i don't want to do. It seems like I should have a 6 Speaker option here. Is there a way to enable that? I'm using the Intel HD audio on my P35 chipset board.

is it possible to get 5.1 analog out ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2009 22:45

Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
I read a post from another user on a different forum who had the same issue. Our environments were similar. Vista 64 with Intel IDT onboard audio. Under Speaker Environment there is only 1 option "Use S/PDIF". No options for analog surround.

Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Chris,

Could you provide the Dxdiag.txt and your main_board model ?
I can forward this issue to support team.
Thanks.

PS: The step to generate the Dxdiag.txt

1. Start --> All Programs --> Accessories -->Run (Windows Vista)
2. Type in DXDIAG and press Enter or click OK, this will open the DirectX diagnostic tool.
3. Click on the Save All Information Button (save this file to your windows desktop and name it dxdiag).
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, thanks for your help.

Here is my dxdiag file.

My mainboard model is an Intel DP35DP

chris

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize