Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
5.1 audio not working
Fierrichu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2009 22:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have a 5.1 stereo audio (home theater) in my computer with Windows Media Player works very well.

I have a graphics accelerator board NX Geforce 8400 GS.

The audio codec is Realtek ALC 888 updated today

The point is that Power DVD set with 6 speakers in the Audio tab I take the good and recognized

Now when I play a movie or any mp3 (music), I get only sound through 2 speakers, and I go to Audio tab and I only recognized 2 speakers

Why only plays on 2 speakers?

Is my hardware supported by PowerDVD 9?

In PowerDVD 8 Ultra I worked all speakers (5.1).

If no option but to return to install the vers. 8.

Here at this Cyberlinks page say compatible audio card, but only three mentions (I think should not be possible, and only 3 are HD!)

Talk of the Realtek ALC885 and ALC889.

I have Realtek ALC888 codec updated today.

My sound card is on board the mother Intel DG31PR

Greetings,

Sorry for my English. I speak Spanish.

Thank you

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 30. 2009 13:11

Fierrichu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2009 22:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

And solve the problem.
To me the movie works fine, except some that I should configure 6 speakers every time you play.
The mp3 I still playing in the 2 speakers, but if I convert the AC3 can hear well in 5.1.

With PowerDVD 8 could listen mp3 to all speakers (5.1).

Greetings.
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2009 22:32 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. My system uses different audio drivers, but I can only get 2 channel sound from powerdvd movies.

The only option I have under the audio tab for speaker selection is "use s/pdif"