Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ah. Cheers! I think for this project I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and then I'll change up my strategy for upcoming ones.

Thanks much again! Now I have your helpful tip in mind!
I've just trimmed a buttload of clips and decided to use them in the PiP track rather than the Master so I could ease the pain of timing my clips.

Is there a way where I don't have to "start over" with clipping these files and just put them onto the PiP track?

I've tried dragging. I've tried copy/pasting. And it's about an hour's more work to refind all the sequences I clipped to put onto PiP...I really don't wish to do that.

Why is it so difficult to transfer from one track to another?
Oh good. I thought I would be the only one to bring up this issue. With my previous experience with Final Cut Pro, because my classes used Macs, I assumed PD7 would do the same, having the option of NOT using the "sticky" function. It doesn't. And many times I've been so frustrated because I've had to measure how long certain clips are and maintain where I want my clips to remain. I cannot lock them like I could in FCP. And I could not stretch them to meet a certain timeslot like in FCP.

I'm really saddened that I've had to create loopholes to achieve what I've done in the past with other programs. For instance, I've just discovered PiP is used for timelines...but I still haven't found a function to lock my clips in place.

When creating music videos, timing is key, and I cannot afford wasting precious minutes trying to get my video/audio sync right. Most editors piece their "puzzles" together by building a beginning and end, THEN the middle. With this program, I've had to structure my work as if I already know what it'll look like in a final draft. No editor truly knows unless their omniscient, therefore linear is out of the question. And that's what this program deals with.

And anybody who's done editing that has been through "sync" issues before can fix it just fine. I just want the freedom to do so, make mistakes, instead of a program that tells me "no, this is 'easier' for you."

Can there be a patch or some upgrade for this program so we "non-linear" editors can work for effeciently?

I prefer not to use the PiP track for my video clips, because then it just goes into that picture edit feature and I'd have to resize my clips to fit the screen.

Thank you, Motoxxx for bringing this up. Glad I found this topic before I posted a repeat.
For tech support, if they have any questions about how to fix this, it's to try, try again. It was the third time reinstalling that it finally pulled through. I even checked the registry editor and made sure after I uninstalled that nothing was left behind.

So just make sure all files are deleted (even though they were the first and second time--so I really have no clue what happened) and reboot the computer, then reinstall. That's what I did.

Now let's hope this program doesn't give me any more problems.
Having problems with activating my PD7. Purchased the CD online so no trials or downloads, just snail mailed, and had no problems installing it to my laptop. But wanted it on my new desktop because laptop is old. Laptop has online access. Desktop does not. Uninstalled program from laptop, even.

1. Installed PD7 to new desktop
2. When SmartSound was not installing properly, and exhausted all possibilities from ReadMe file, restored system back to factory settings to start over.
3. Reinstalled PD7 successfully.
4. Entered activation code correctly but error comes up: "Your activation code is incorrect. Please try again."

How is this possible? File 'residue' even with a restore back to factory settings? My registration? The reinstallation? Very disgruntled, irritated, and confused. Please explain.
Go to: