Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Activation Error
Brianne
Newbie Location: Seattle, Washington Joined: Mar 14, 2009 12:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Having problems with activating my PD7. Purchased the CD online so no trials or downloads, just snail mailed, and had no problems installing it to my laptop. But wanted it on my new desktop because laptop is old. Laptop has online access. Desktop does not. Uninstalled program from laptop, even.

1. Installed PD7 to new desktop
2. When SmartSound was not installing properly, and exhausted all possibilities from ReadMe file, restored system back to factory settings to start over.
3. Reinstalled PD7 successfully.
4. Entered activation code correctly but error comes up: "Your activation code is incorrect. Please try again."

How is this possible? File 'residue' even with a restore back to factory settings? My registration? The reinstallation? Very disgruntled, irritated, and confused. Please explain.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 14. 2009 16:29

iGame (+22 Charisma)
Brianne
Newbie Location: Seattle, Washington Joined: Mar 14, 2009 12:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
For tech support, if they have any questions about how to fix this, it's to try, try again. It was the third time reinstalling that it finally pulled through. I even checked the registry editor and made sure after I uninstalled that nothing was left behind.

So just make sure all files are deleted (even though they were the first and second time--so I really have no clue what happened) and reboot the computer, then reinstall. That's what I did.

Now let's hope this program doesn't give me any more problems. iGame (+22 Charisma)