Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Yes 2012 can play previews and reach the main menu. If you get no options to play the movie and the menu cycles over and over then you need to update powerdvd 9 ultra. I can only speak for PDVD 9 Ultra since that is what i own.

The update button in powerdvd wants to still send the 2320 patch. This will not play the movie.

Use the link in the forums:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10103.page

or the software update page link (EN US ONLY - check for other versions on your support page, software updates):
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

These links will then allow you to download 2528 which will play with a proper menu that allows you to interact with the main menu and play the movie.

I too have a been borrowing a PS3 for comparison and upset with how easy it is to play a BLU RAY without freezing or audio issues. Amazing how i can connect it up just like i do my PC through the same cables and never have an issue.

Anyways i prefer to use my MCE remote and the MCE interface to interact with my movies and i still have some issues i am working through. Blu ray startup issues, freezing video, and audio problems occasionaly.
I got it to work just fine after I updated the software. No problems.
I'm having the same problems with 2012. Title screen with no text on screen. This is part of why I got a Playstation 3. Played 2012 on PS3 just fine. Other movies play fine on PowerDVD 9. Just not 2012.

Update: Just downloaded and installed the latest build. Runs fine now.
Huuuuhhh, wished they'd get this whole sound thing fixed. You'd think they'd have problems like this fixed by version 9.
I am too. I'm using a 4850 card. Vista Premium 64 bit. No audio with files on my hard drive, but blue-rays play perfectly.
I don't have any audio either, with or without the patch.
Go to: