Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 Ultra no audio with DVD playback through HDMI (Blu-ray is perfect)
Kai [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2009 13:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I know this problem is a little weird but I do not have audio feed with DVD playback (everything indicates I do. ie, i can still use the mute icon) but have perfect sound with Blu-ray playback through HDMI. Audio menu is set to "HDMI" and I have tried both "PCM" and "non-encoded DTS...." to no avail. I am using an ATI 4830 video card on Vista Business 32. Is anyone encountering the same problem? Or is it just me?
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2009 00:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am too. I'm using a 4850 card. Vista Premium 64 bit. No audio with files on my hard drive, but blue-rays play perfectly.
JAMES [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2009 12:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same trouble! Did you find a solution?
Kai [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2009 13:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am not really sure how I fixed it on Vista Pro 32 but I believe it started to work when all Windows updates were downloaded and installed. You should also go download the latest Realtek HD Audio Driver from their website.

I am running Window 7 Pro 64 now (it is much better than Vista! I would only buy the Win 7 Pro if you plannig ot upgrade bc Win 7 Home is lacking while Win 7 Ultimate is excessive unless you need to run it in different languages.) and no problems what so ever!
JAMES [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2009 12:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply. It sounds as if your setup was similar to mine! I did manage to get it to work briefly a few minutes ago but after stopping PDVD and restarting it it didn't work anymore and I can't recreate it! The really annoying thing is DVDs will play fine on Cyberlink DVD Suite which came with my laptop but obviously no good for Bluray! Very frustrating!