Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I produced a copy (even though the sync was out) to take a look on the TV and am also having a problem with the produced file. The DVD continually freezes and I have turn the DD player off to get it started. I've tried burning in HD, Long Play and Short play and encounter the same problem each time.

Any ideas, or should I start another thread for this?
Hi, thanks for your help.

- I'm happy to start a new project but don't have any other capture files to use. All the files I have have been used in this project. Will it help to start a new project with the same files?

- after posting the last message i did uninstall and reinstall PD7 - no change to my problem.

Thanks, jgm
Hi, I am running PD7 Ultra 7.0.2519. I have been working on a file and have had no problems with the syncing until now. All of a sudden, about half way through the movie the sync goes out (looks like you're watch a bad asian copy - the mouth no longer keeps up with the words!).

I have tried deleting the affected clips and re inserting and trimming them from the original file (which by the way is perfectly in sync) but that hasn't worked.

In addition I have tried producing a file of a particular clip and then inserting that into place. Whilst the produced file is perfectly in sync, as soon as I add it into the timeline of my other project the sync goes out.

Can anybody help? I have run a diagnostic file - not that that means anything to me, and can paste the results below if that will help.

Thanks, Jen
Hi Greg,

Can you give me a little more info here? I'm very new to PD and am having audio sync problems myself. All the vid clips were synced perfectly yesterday however are now out of sync. I added a heap of photos with transitions between each last night and am wondering if that is what has cause dthe sync problems after reading your message.

Are you able to explain what happend with yours and what you did with the duration to fix it...in very easy terms for dummies like me??? :

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Jen
Hi again, I'm sorry to be a pest. I am noticing another problem. After triming the tracks I've noticed on playback that at the begining of each segment the play speeds up for a few seconds so it's like it's playing in double time untl it reverts back to normal. Have you seen this before? Is it something I am doing wrong?
Thanks again!
Thanks Dafydd.

A couple of questions.

a) I downloaded the smartsound softward from their site and it's now working ok. Should I though still uninstall and re install PD7 in case other parts are not working and if I do, will I lose the projects I was working on?

b) also on another question, I'm finding that when I add transtions in the playback freezes peroiodically for a few seconds after each transition. Any ideas??

Sorry to pester, this is my first attempt with any home movie software

Thanks, Jen
Thanks Barry, they were great. Works a treat now.

Cheers, Jen
Hi, I'm new to PD and have recentky purchased and installed PD7. I'm trying to use the Magic Music feature however whenever I click on it I get the following error " The smartsound database could not be opened properly. Quicktracks cannot continue at this time and will close"

can anybody help???
Go to: