Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio sync problems
Greg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2008 23:19 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDirector 7.0.2519.
Running XP.

I have a series of pictures mixed with snippets of video (AVI). The first AVI is about 7 minutes into the "show" and the audio for that first video shows up about a minute in advance of when it should. (This is not blueray or anything by the way)
This out of sync happens when I watch the movie right from the start in addition to when starting midway. Note that this is even before burning the DVD.

I have removed the video clips from the timeline and have pulled them back in and re-saved to see if that helps. It hasn't. I have also restarted my computer and loaded the project fresh and that hasn't helped.

In case it helps to identify the problem: For the pictures showing in advance of the video I have used non-default durations and have used motion designer to have custom panning within each picture. The show also starts with a title. Each picture has a transition.

Any ideas?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 15. 2009 09:15

Greg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2008 23:19 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Well it seems its related to the durations. I've set the pictures to the same duration in advance of the video and the audio is now synced up with the video. I'll continue to play with one or two custom durations and see if that proves the theory.
Jen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2009 03:04 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Greg,

Can you give me a little more info here? I'm very new to PD and am having audio sync problems myself. All the vid clips were synced perfectly yesterday however are now out of sync. I added a heap of photos with transitions between each last night and am wondering if that is what has cause dthe sync problems after reading your message.

Are you able to explain what happend with yours and what you did with the duration to fix it...in very easy terms for dummies like me??? :

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Jen

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2009 06:48

Joshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2009 22:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I think I am in the same boat as both you, i have a series of pictures and clips that I am putting together, the first few clips are fine but the further in the production I get the audio of the clip begins before the actual video does, originally the are .MOV files so I changed them to .mpeg and they still do the same thing. It seems the further in the production I get the worse the lag time is, let me know if you guys have any thoughts as to how to resynchronize the audio/video since this is my first time using PD7.
Thanks
Josh
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
The audio sync may be related to the way the avi file was captured. What happens if you only put the avi file in the timeline? Is the audio out of syn then? Maybe you dropped frames when the avi file was originally captured. That can lead to audio sync issues. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Joshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2009 22:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When I only put the video in the time line the audio and video is synced just fine. So are the ones at the beginning of the original project it seems only to get worse the longer into the production I get, the audio from the video will start while some of the pictures are still cycling through thier slideshow then there will be seconds of silence at the end of the clip with the audio not matching at all to the video.