Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Music
Jen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2009 03:04 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm new to PD and have recentky purchased and installed PD7. I'm trying to use the Magic Music feature however whenever I click on it I get the following error " The smartsound database could not be opened properly. Quicktracks cannot continue at this time and will close"

can anybody help???
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I have never seen that error, however, try asking Smartsound. Go to their website and check the forum, or call them. They will actually pick up the phone and help. Excellent customer service.

http://www.smartsound.com/index.html

Put them in your favorites. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Jen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Barry, they were great. Works a treat now.

Cheers, Jen
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Jen,

Uninstall PD7 and reinstall it. You've basically mucked up the installation of Smart Sound i think.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART C

Oh and I've had that error happen to me.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Jen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd.

A couple of questions.

a) I downloaded the smartsound softward from their site and it's now working ok. Should I though still uninstall and re install PD7 in case other parts are not working and if I do, will I lose the projects I was working on?

b) also on another question, I'm finding that when I add transtions in the playback freezes peroiodically for a few seconds after each transition. Any ideas??

Sorry to pester, this is my first attempt with any home movie software

Thanks, Jen
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
You may wait on re-install of PD if things seem to be going fine, but you should be familiar with the re-install process because you will eventually need to do it for some reason.
You should not lose any projects when you do it.
Remember to ignore any commands to re-install Smartsound Quicktracks during the un-install of PD or you may lose any music files you purchased.
Back up Smartsound if you buy music from them.
If you are experiencing choppy playback, try lowering the resolution of your preview window. It is the icon under the preview window, third from the right.
Welcome to the forum. Have fun. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Jen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again!
Jen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again, I'm sorry to be a pest. I am noticing another problem. After triming the tracks I've noticed on playback that at the begining of each segment the play speeds up for a few seconds so it's like it's playing in double time untl it reverts back to normal. Have you seen this before? Is it something I am doing wrong?
Barry
[Post New]
The music speeds up? If it's the video, post a new thread and reveal the build/version you are using. A little brief info of your computer system.
Also, search the forum, someone may have had this issue. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!