Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi, scotcruz...

I'm a newbie, too, and the answer I'll try to give you may not be seen by others who might want to chip in, because it'll be buried inside this thread...As such, you might want to ask your question in the general Forum also, to benefit from all! Then, again, you may already have done that! Having said that...

My understanding of the term "capture" is to convert from analog to digital. My VHS were analog tapes. Once captured, my VHS were saved on my PC as a video file(digital). Then, all I had to do is import it into the PD7 library to edit.

If you already have a DVD, I'm assuming it already is in digital format and all you would need to do is play it your PC DVD player, the one that is part of your PC tower, and save it as a video file(digital) for later import. I don't think you need PD7 to get the DVD in your computer!

Not sure if that helps...I wish I could bring your question to the general Forum from here, but I'm also a newbie like you...

Guy

Cool, Jeff...and Happy (Gremlins) Easter to you too...
Thanks, JL...

Hmmm...I wonder why my question got split into two threads in this forum...!

Could I have clicked "submit" twice?

I'm getting twice the the amount of replies...
Haven't worked with Magic Motion yet, Jim...so I'll wait until the newer builds are corrected! I have the 2519 build...thanks for the heads up!
Tony, Adrian, you guys are "TOPS"...thanks for your help...!

Adrian...sorry about the camera...
Thanks, Adrian for responding so quickly!

Does that mean that if I want to insert the slideshow somewhere in the middle of the final video, I should split my current video project at the point where I want the slideshow to appear in the final product, thereby ending up with three finished products to be eventually tied together sequentially? (Ouff...long sentence...

BTW, the audio track will not be an issue, as the video is of a fishing trip which was a bit short on water footage, and I wanted to fill the void with pictures.

Good work on your tutorial on Project Planning! I would have used the concept of sub-projects if I hadn't decided halfway through the project to add some still pictures...My bad...
Hi, All...

I'm in the process of doing a video project, and would like to add a slide show in the middle of the video. Both, video and the slideshow, are distinct projects in PD7. How can I insert the slideshow into the video timeline? Is it still feasable at this stage?

Thanks in advance...
Hi, All...

I'm in the process of doing a video project, and would like to add a slide show in the middle of the video. Both, video and the slideshow, are distinct projects in PD7. Can I insert the slideshow into the video timeline? Is it still feasable at this stage?

Thanks in advance...
Thank you, Robert...

I'm saving your suggestions in my Tips folder!
Thanks for the quick reply, Babdi! So, I just need to go back and do another "scene detect" exercise.

But is there a way to re-group some of the scenes together so as to end up with less?

Hi, All...

Just captured an old VHS home movie on PD7. Came out like a charm!
PD detected over 100 scenes in the movie, and I'll be looking to set about 8 chapters, when I'm through.

While I realise detected scenes are not split from the original clip/movie, I'm wondering if there are advantages to combining some of those scenes, and how to go about it. I've searched the forum for insights, but to no avail...
Well, I finally got PD7 installed!!!

Tried your approach, Dafydd, but clicking on setup.exe got me to the same error1334.
However, I still had to try installing the new 2519 Full Version which Customer Support had sent me, and which required me to perform some additional Window Installer cleanup procedures. And that did the trick...

Thank you, guys, for your guidance and suggestions...I may, now, come back and haunt you by asking more questions, down the line... after searching and reading all the tips, of course...
Thanks, Dafydd...

I'll be away till Sunday at which time I'll try your solution.

I've also received another download link from Customer Support with some additional cleaning steps to be performed prior to downloading again. But, I'll try yours, first, and will keep you posted.

BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed your tutorials (I think it was you on PIPs) while working with the trial version...very well done and easy to follow. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Guy
...an update on my issue...

The support center sent me a full version of PD7 to download and install, and...got the error1334, again! Another ticket was sent, and I'm now waiting for a further reply.

While I was waiting for the Support Center to come back with the full version, I tested my Windows installer by uninstalling an older sound card I wanted to replace, and I installed a new one, successfully! I'm still at a loss, particularly when I had previously installed and worked with the trial version for thirty days.

I'm hoping Support Center can solve my issue because my session with the trial version got me hooked on the product...
Thank you, Babdi, for your quick response! I have now raised a support ticket, and am waiting for a response.

I will report back later...
Hi all,

New user here. I first started using the trial version of PowerDirector 7 and decided to buy the full version. After many issues and reading a few posts from this forum, I managed to completely remove the trial version of PowerDirector 7(PD7) from my computer. I then proceded with the installation of the purchased version of PD7.

The installation could not be completed because of a systematic error called "Error 1334". The error mentions that a file [xx] cannot be installed because it cannot be found in cabinet file "Data1.cab". The program then crashes.

I have tried downloading PD7 from the original source once again and I get the same result. I have used Wise Disk & Wise Registry cleaners to clean my system from any previous verions of PD7. I have also removed any hidden and unhidden files referring PD7 before starting the new installion. I am at a loss on how to fix the problem.

Can you help?

Go to: