Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding a slide show to a video project
Boguy
Newbie Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2009 12:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, All...

I'm in the process of doing a video project, and would like to add a slide show in the middle of the video. Both, video and the slideshow, are distinct projects in PD7. Can I insert the slideshow into the video timeline? Is it still feasable at this stage?

Thanks in advance...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2009 15:07

...The older I get, the better I was...
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Boguy

The easiest way to do this is to simply produce a file of your slideshow. Once produced, you can bring this finished product into your video and put it wherever you want. Use the same file specifications that you intend for you final product, for instance, MPEG2, DVD HQ if eventually going to DVD.

To produce a file, do the following
1) open your slideshow project in PD
2) go to the "Produce" tab
3) select "Create a File"
4) select the format that fits your final product. For instance MPEG2 with profile DVD HQ if your plan on eventually burning your project to DVD.

Once the file is produced, import it into the library of your video project and add it into the timeline at the location you like.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2009 13:59

Boguy
Newbie Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2009 12:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, JL...

Hmmm...I wonder why my question got split into two threads in this forum...!

Could I have clicked "submit" twice?

I'm getting twice the the amount of replies... ...The older I get, the better I was...
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Boguy,

Glad you got your answers in the other duplicate post. This post was actually posted before and answered before your other post so chalk another one up to the forum gremlins who appear rather often for a visit on this forum. I really doubt it was anything you did, I did notice the list was acting strange that morning, on a refresh it would loose current posts, be outdated, last message author was not updating correctly, number of answers was incorrect and so on.

Jeff
Boguy
[Post New]
Cool, Jeff...and Happy (Gremlins) Easter to you too... ...The older I get, the better I was...