Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding a slide show to a video project
Boguy
Newbie Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2009 12:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, All...

I'm in the process of doing a video project, and would like to add a slide show in the middle of the video. Both, video and the slideshow, are distinct projects in PD7. How can I insert the slideshow into the video timeline? Is it still feasable at this stage?

Thanks in advance... ...The older I get, the better I was...
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Boguy,

Ideally, you should produce the slideshow to the same file format as you require for the final complete video - say mpeg, you can then use the slideshow mpeg as a component in the final video - same as any other asset. Depending on your audio tracks etc, etc , re-rendering may be minimised.

Many of us produce sub-projects and then assemble a final video from several mini-videos, particularly if its a big or complex project.

It is not possible to combine .pds files directly to produce a 'merged' project, although you can merge media libraries to bring in the assets from a different project, rather than assembling them all again.

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2009 14:08

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Boguy
Newbie Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2009 12:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Adrian for responding so quickly!

Does that mean that if I want to insert the slideshow somewhere in the middle of the final video, I should split my current video project at the point where I want the slideshow to appear in the final product, thereby ending up with three finished products to be eventually tied together sequentially? (Ouff...long sentence...

BTW, the audio track will not be an issue, as the video is of a fishing trip which was a bit short on water footage, and I wanted to fill the void with pictures.

Good work on your tutorial on Project Planning! I would have used the concept of sub-projects if I hadn't decided halfway through the project to add some still pictures...My bad... ...The older I get, the better I was...
[Post New]
Exactly right Boguy...

Produce the slide show of the stills (as Adrian said, in the same format), import it into your video project, split the video where you want to insert the stills and place it in the timeline. Since it's a watery thing, you could use something like the "Ripples" transition to link the elements...

Anyway - if you're short on water footage - Adrian's your man! In fact, he has one camera that is underwater 24/7... now - if only he knew where it was!

Cheers -

Tony Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Actually, to be technically correct I knew where the camera was all the time, it was in my hand about 40cm in front of my face, I just watched the housing fill up and -zzzzzt - dead camera. Before that it was really good, after that it was really bad. Because I'm British and I was underwater I didn't cry (much).

Results can be seen on:
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/325/gold-plated-video/

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Boguy
[Post New]
Tony, Adrian, you guys are "TOPS"...thanks for your help...!

Adrian...sorry about the camera... ...The older I get, the better I was...
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Boguy,

Please be aware that magic motion is not working well with the recent builds of PD. If you still have 2227c you'll be fine.

Jim Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Boguy
[Post New]
Haven't worked with Magic Motion yet, Jim...so I'll wait until the newer builds are corrected! I have the 2519 build...thanks for the heads up! ...The older I get, the better I was...