Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am in the same situation, so having read this thread, I asked Customer Support. The answer from CS is no, you cannot upgrade from PD8 Deluxe to PD8 Ultra.
If you have purchased PD7, you can choose the "upgrade from PD7" option on the web site. If you have only purchased PD8, it appears that you need to buy the full PD8 Ultra software.

I think this is a really poor policy. The price difference between Deluxe and Ultra is about $15. That is about what I would expect to pay to upgrade from one to the other. Instead I had to pay $50 just to get the ability to produce AVCHD/Blu-ray discs. That does not seem right to me.

A lot of people are upgrading their camcorders from standard video to HD, and this is (and will continue to be) a common upgrade path. It seems like all they need to do is to take your money and issue a new activation code (I bet the software is the same for both versions).

Brian

Below is the response I received from CS:

I wish to inform you that upgrade only applicable from version 6 and 7 however, there is no upgrade available from version 8 Deluxe to 8 Ultra.

If you wish you may purchase the full version of PowerDirector 8 Ultra from our CyberLink website or else you may directly purchase the PowerDirector 8 Ultra upgrade from 6 to 7 version because I have checked your online CyberLink online purchase records and found that you have purchased CyberLink PowerDirector 7 Deluxe Download version.

I suggest you to log-on to CyberLink website www.cyberlink.com or follow the web link given below to see the purchase options for upgrade:

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector/upgrade_en_US.html

NOTE: From the upgrade option please select upgrade from 6 / 7 retailand select PowerDirector 8 Ultra.
Since the "Moderator" has locked the previous thread where this was being discussed, I will post here, because there is more information to be shared.

I just received this response from CyberLink (typos and all):

The error you are recieving while accessing the YouTube.com is due to the firewall settings of your computer or network which is preventing the browsing of YouTube.com.

Please ensure that you can access the YouTube.com site from you browser.
If you can access the web-site through a browser and not through the YouTube.com then please let us know.

I am not having problems connecting to YouTube.com, and I suspect neither are any of the many other folks who have reported this problem. So either R&D is not talking to Customer Support (which is a good possibility), or they still do not understand the problem. Either way, it does not bode well for a fix anytime soon....
Ditto!
Thanks, Robert, for your prompt and very helpful reply. I shall need to send some feedback to the product team, as searching for "pack" and "export" in the help files and user's guide did not turn this up.

Thanks again! --Brian
What is this "export and pack" feature you are referring to? I can't find it in the help files or user guides for PD 7.
Thanks, Barry, for the pointer to SMWoV. It wasn't clear to me what the three utilities were, but after installing several programs that claimed to be able to convert .flv files, only one of them actually could. That one was the Pazera Free FLI to AVI converter. I downloaded version 1.2 from Jacek Pazera's web site (http://www.pazera-software.com). (The link on SMWoV was to version 1.0.) The program worked quickly and efficiently, and I was able to use the resulting AVI files in my PD project. Hooray for Jacek Pazera, the CyberLink community forum, and the SMWoV site!!
Go to: