Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
upload .flv files?
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2008 18:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to import flash videos (.flv) into PowerDirector?
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
No, they must be converted to another format first. There are 3 free converters available on SMWoV. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2009 04:13 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Barry, for the pointer to SMWoV. It wasn't clear to me what the three utilities were, but after installing several programs that claimed to be able to convert .flv files, only one of them actually could. That one was the Pazera Free FLI to AVI converter. I downloaded version 1.2 from Jacek Pazera's web site (http://www.pazera-software.com). (The link on SMWoV was to version 1.0.) The program worked quickly and efficiently, and I was able to use the resulting AVI files in my PD project. Hooray for Jacek Pazera, the CyberLink community forum, and the SMWoV site!!