Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing Video from External Drive
Sadiki [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2009 23:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have spent a few months working on a highlight film for my football team. I have been using video from my external hard drive which is usually the F: drive. For some reason today the drive showed up as H drive even though it's in the same usb port that I usually use. Powerdirector obviously couldn't find the videos in f drive and I was given the option to browse for them. After doing so the project opened but none of the videos have the start and end times that I set. It is ruined! Can someone please help me? thanks.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sadiki,

I'm really not a computer tech guy, but I think I would try to get my computer to once again recognize my external drive as "F" again.
Don't know if that will cure your PD problem, but a quick Google search revealed a lot of suggestions of how to force your computer to recognize and associate an external drive with a certain letter designation.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=external+drive+change+letter&rlz=1W1GGLL_en&aq=1&oq=external+drive+cha&aqi=g2

Perhaps if your rig sees an external F drive again, PD will be able to load your project without any flaws or glitches.
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Sadiki [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2009 23:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
You're right Cranston, a google seach showed me how to change the drive name back and my project has been recovered! Thanks a lot!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Aaaaaaaaaah - you're a wonder Mr CRANSTON!

HTH -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hahaha. Just took a shot in the dark Tony.
Look at the time stamps on the posts. Sadiki had already worked it out, yet still left a kind response.

But your right about one thing. The more folks get to know me, the more they usually start to wonder.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
This is another example of why it is important to export and pack your project when it is finished. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2009 04:13 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
What is this "export and pack" feature you are referring to? I can't find it in the help files or user guides for PD 7.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 10. 2009 00:10

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brian,

Packing Project Materials, packs your completed project into a file that can be restored later or transferred to another computer for further editing

Directors Chair
file
export
Pack Project Materials

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2009 04:13 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Robert, for your prompt and very helpful reply. I shall need to send some feedback to the product team, as searching for "pack" and "export" in the help files and user's guide did not turn this up.

Thanks again! --Brian